Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2003, 11:51 AM

I was so into that animated cartoon in the begining. heck, it even introduced half the world to pizza. it got preety lame in it's latter years though.

hehe...i was just wondering how bizare the idea was....'teenage', 'mutant', 'ninja', 'turtles'.... lol....why teenage ? ninja ? and TURTLES ? lol. i loved the first couple of shows though. hehehe

KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2003, 11:54 AM

I heard that they were coming up with a brand new cartoon series based on them... (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/)

ARENA
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2003, 12:00 PM

I also was a big fan of the show in the early 90s.
KOWABUNGA!

ARENA
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2003, 12:04 PM

I checked the link KaptainKaya posted, and i think the new drawing style rocks.

Here's a pic of the new Donatello. (being the computer genious he was always my favorite.

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2003, 12:04 PM

April is hot.

Cipher13
Jan 17, 2003, 12:19 PM

Raphael rules. Metalhead rocked too.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2003, 12:19 PM

i agree.... april is hot . the new drawing style is preety cool too. i loved the drawing style of the initial shows, but then later on in the series it just looked like crap.

ARENA
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2003, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by The Godfather:
April is hot.
Yes she is.

She is even hotter in anime style

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Jan 17, 2003, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by Hawkeye_a:
hehe...i was just wondering how bizare the idea was....'teenage', 'mutant', 'ninja', 'turtles'.... lol....why teenage ? ninja ? and TURTLES ? lol. i loved the first couple of shows though. hehehe
If I remember correctly, the two dudes that came up with the show tried to come up with four words that were almost entirely unrelated to each other, and essentially come up with the most bizarre cartoon heros to date. I think they might also have been behind the series "Biker Mice from Mars," but that show kinda sucked....

I want to watch some of those old ninja turtles shows...maybe some old transformers too, before they ruined that series with cheap CGI.

Cipher13
Jan 17, 2003, 12:31 PM

Originally posted by ARENA:
Yes she is.

She is even hotter in anime style
They always are...

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2003, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by ARENA:
I checked the link KaptainKaya posted, and i think the new drawing style rocks.

Here's a pic of the new Donatello. (being the computer genious he was always my favorite.

heh. "new drawing style" that looks to me like what i remember TMNT looking like, back when it was a black and white comic book. i was in middle school when i read it. all the kids who were into X-Men used to make fun of me for liking it so much.

"teenage mutant ninja turtles? what a stupid idea! thatll NEVER catch on or get as popular as X-Men."

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2003, 01:23 PM

YEah, I was gonna say... Uh, no one came up with the show. It's based on a comic book that was not targetted toward little kids. In the comic, which was black and white and gritty, people died, there was drama and character development. The cartoon is a complete bastardization.

Anyway, that "new" drawing style is almost how they looked in the original comic.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2003, 01:24 PM

Oh yeah, and in the comic, April was black, and was not a TV reporter. She ran a failing antique store.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

putamare
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 17, 2003, 01:47 PM

At the time of the release of the original comic, all the tripe of the day was teenage, or mutant, or ninja, or some anthropomorphized animal. They just one-upped it all into a tight, satirical little package. The great irony is how it became an icon of everything it originally mocked.

Jim Rockford was beaten repeatedly for your entertainment.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jan 17, 2003, 01:54 PM

Man, Ninja Turtles was one of my favorite cartoons. I had practically all the toys. Man.... Memories. The new toys look like poo. Not cool like tha older ones. And the new cartoon style I don't like. Ah wel. At least more video games are coming this year.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Jan 17, 2003, 03:07 PM

I still have the original Donatello figure in the box...

as for Biker Mice from Mars, they rocked! It was an awesome cartoon, good music too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules