Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone remember when the previous Power Macs came out?

Anyone remember when the previous Power Macs came out?
MikeM33
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2003, 09:13 PM

I read a few threads here which lead me to believe that some new stuff must have come out today and BLAM! I was right

Anyway, I see some pretty sweet upgrades and prices as-well, but I'm curious about one thing because I forgot.

When were the previous Power Macs originally released?

The reason I ask is because I might consider buying something now, or just waiting a tad longer (yeah, yeah I know, you should never wait). I'm actually not really even in the market for one yet (but getting there). Even a single 1 GHz G4 would be a massive upgrade from my old G3/266 Beige Desktop.

What I'm thinking is that the next upgrade cycle will probably have a Dual 1.25 Ghz (or even single 1.25 Ghz) with the 167 Mhz system BUS and 333 DDR RAM. It'll likely be around the same price of the current low end model, which is a reasonable and realistic cost for me to shell out when I actually am ready. The extra BUS speed would be worthwhile IMHO (2.5 times faster than what I'm running now).

So I'm likely going to hold out a bit longer, but I want to know when the last "wave" of powermacs was released to get a general idea of how long I'll be waiting.

MikeM

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2003, 09:15 PM

I believe the last ones were released on August 13.

KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2003, 09:38 PM

Originally posted by itai195:
I believe the last ones were released on August 13.
Sure did.

Forum Links
Forum Rules