Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mozilla won't retain my bookmarks

Mozilla won't retain my bookmarks
ImpishLM
Forum Regular
Mar 28, 2003, 11:27 AM

After many problems with Mozilla 1.3, I've reverted to 1.3b. I also deleted all support files and folders, wanting to start with an absolutely clean slate. I knew this would mean I would need to rebuild all my bookmarks.

However, now Mozilla won't retain the new bookmarks I've set. I've also rearranged the bookmarks into folders, and that doesn't take either.

What's going on? Any help?

Thanks!
'Tis a sin to kill a mockingbird

Mojo-ike
Mar 28, 2003, 01:13 PM

try getting a nightly build:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/n...c-MachO.dmg.gz

or try downloading the 1.3 again. the 20030312 version has this resolved:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/r...chO-1.3.dmg.gz

the bookmark issue was around for all during the 1.3 MachO builds. at one point they released a 1.3 official build that still had this bug. then they re-released it all cleaned up.

apparenly mozilla has chosen the MachO build as the publicly available mac release (which is nice, as it is infinitely faster than the carbon build).

ImpishLM  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2003, 10:43 AM

Originally posted by Mojo-ike:

the bookmark issue was around for all during the 1.3 MachO builds. at one point they released a 1.3 official build that still had this bug. then they re-released it all cleaned up.
Thanks: that solved one problem but created another.... my bookmarks are notw retained, but 1.3 can't handle an on-line Java-based game I play daily, so I reverted to 1.3b again.

And another thing: my user.js file is missing. It should be in ~/Library/Mozilla/Profiles/(randomfoldername)/

but is completely gone. Reinstalling Mozilla from scratch didn't install a fresh copy. Any ideas about why it's gone, and what I can do about it?

Thanks!
'Tis a sin to kill a mockingbird

sdagley
Mar 31, 2003, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by ImpishLM:
And another thing: my user.js file is missing. It should be in ~/Library/Mozilla/Profiles/(randomfoldername)/

but is completely gone. Reinstalling Mozilla from scratch didn't install a fresh copy. Any ideas about why it's gone, and what I can do about it?
Mozilla never creates or modifies the user.js file. If yours is gone you'll have to re-create it yourself.

Forum Links
Forum Rules