Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Intellipoint needs to be updated for panther [doesn't work with expose]

Intellipoint needs to be updated for panther [doesn't work with expose]
Bruck
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2003, 05:02 PM

I installed intellipoint which works fine but since installing it sets its own mappings for the mice buttons and the expose functions are not available inside the intellipoint control panel, so now i can't use any of the mouse buttons for the expose functions, but i dont want to give up the other features of intellipoint to gain this back.

Anyone know of a solution
| MBA Student | MacAddict | CarAddict | PhotoNut | Dork | PhishHead |

miro7
Forum Regular
Oct 25, 2003, 10:15 PM

Anyone know of a solution
Yes. Simply work backwards. From the Expos� control panel, set the commands to any other key instead of the ones that you would like to use for keypresses mapped to the mouse buttons. Then change the mouse buttons via Intellimouse control panel to what you are going to set Expos� to use. Finally, remap the keys for Expos� for whatever you have the mouse buttons set to.

Its a little bit like a rubics cube.
aimlessly wandering through the valley of the sun.

Bruck  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2003, 01:57 AM

That sounds nice but it doesnt work (completely)

I have a powerbook. I want to make "all windows expose" = fn and wheel mouse button.

HOWEVER.

I can not make the wheel mouse button perform fn. So i still can't accomplish what i want. I dont have any other keys on the keyboard that i want to map only to this function. My other idea was the enter button, but i can not map the wheel to do that key either.
My goal is to have a single button do expose all windows but there are not enough keys available.

Basically all windows is the one i will use most often. i want to map it to a key on the keyboard that i can use all the time AND to my wheel mouse. In the meantime i'll use F12 and wheel mouse. But i really want to use fn or enter, but ms won't let me keystroke those.
| MBA Student | MacAddict | CarAddict | PhotoNut | Dork | PhishHead |

Forum Links
Forum Rules