Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Gigabit Ethernet Motherboard - $55 shipped

FS: Gigabit Ethernet Motherboard - $55 shipped
mrbrentk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 26, 2005, 07:23 PM

FS in the 92675 area (Orange County, Southern California):

Gigabit Ethernet motherboard, from a 450 DP machine (note that this does NOT include the processor). Known working, I dropped it into a machine a couple of days ago and it fired right up. No known issues.

The Gigabit Ethernet boards are great for "project" computers, as they have a 2X AGP slot with a power "tooth" for Apple ADC-compatible graphics cards, onboard Gigabit ethernet (duh), four RAM slots, and no possibility of problems with Dual-processor upgrades like the early Sawtooth boards do.

Well packed and shipped within the US via USPS Priority, $55. I'll knock $5 off the price if you're in the Orange County, Southern California area and can arrange to pick it up, instead. Payment via PayPal only, please.

PM me, reply to this thread, or email me at brent (at) fastermac (dot) net if you have questions.

Note that I should have some other Gigabit Ethernet machine parts shortly. I'm in the process of going through them to figure out what does and doesn't work.

Might be interested in swapping for an ATA hard drive in the 80-120 Gig range (7200 RPM drives much preferred), or for a 512 Meg PC133 SO-DIMM that'd work in a Titamium Powerbook.

Thanks,
BK
( Last edited by mrbrentk; Oct 26, 2005 at 07:35 PM. )

torpedobird
Forum Regular
Oct 26, 2005, 08:00 PM

I know you said it doesn't have the CPU....but where is that CPU? My cube could be very interested...

Otherwise, bump for a great board.

TBird

iggyboy2
Oct 26, 2005, 08:35 PM

pm sent

mrbrentk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 26, 2005, 10:59 PM

iggyboy2 -- replied to pm.

torpedobird -- The Dual 450 CPU is in another GigE machine. I did the old trick where I combined two machines that each had some problems into one machine that works and looks OK. The motherboard is one of the few pieces that I ended up with two of that both work. I do have a non-functional single 400 processor -- howdja like to buy that? ;-)

Actually, in all seriousness, come to think of it, I have the heat sink and clips from that processor. They're in great shape. Available for $5 to anybody who'd like it.

V
Senior User
Oct 27, 2005, 11:03 AM

I'd be interested in a power supply.

PM me if you have one.

Frank

mrbrentk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2005, 03:59 PM

V: Sorry, but I don't have a power supply available.

Everybody else: Motherboard is still available.

CyberDave
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2005, 10:27 PM

You've got PM. I'm a little short on funds at this moment, but I should be able to pay you in a few days if you could hold it for me until then I hope we can work something out.

Dave Corder

CyberDave
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2005, 10:29 PM

(oops, double post)

Forum Links
Forum Rules