Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > I need help with my iMac G4

I need help with my iMac G4
paintsuna
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2004, 09:00 PM

I have had my iMac G4 for about a year and a half, but i hardly ever use it for anything right now except for writing papers.
But just recently it's started messing up.
At first the whole screen would become tinted blue, but it would go away after a short time. But now the screen is staying tinted red and will not go away. It's been like this for several days now.

Does anyone know what's causing this, or how i could fix it?

I'm really hoping its not a bad problem, because i have no money to fix it, with me being a poor college student and all.

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2004, 09:02 AM

That sounds like a video card problem, which could be a drag, as you'll probably need a new motherboard if that turns out to be the case. Did you buy the Apple Care extended warranty?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

paintsuna  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2004, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
That sounds like a video card problem, which could be a drag, as you'll probably need a new motherboard if that turns out to be the case. Did you buy the Apple Care extended warranty?
grrr =(
I don't believe i bought the extended warranty. I think I only have the one year warranty. Of course it would mess up right after the one year is up. perfect.

do you have any idea how much a new motherboard would cost?

I guess i'm going to have to call a repair place today to see if they could fix it.

oh well...
Thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules