Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Help with stuck windows!

Help with stuck windows!
Fenderf4i
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2004, 11:23 PM

Occasionally, for some reason, I get windows that I can't get rid of. Such as, when I deleted 277 files at the same time, the window comes up that says they're getting deleted, and the only active button is the minimize button, and clicking the stop button doesn't do anything. most of the time it works fine, but the odd time it won't go away. The files DO get deleted. But even if I try to restart, it won't let me, because that window is still open. What is the best way to deal with this situation?

Krypton
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2004, 06:15 AM

Maybe just use the Force quite dialogue to relaunch the Finder.

Fenderf4i  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 30, 2004, 09:05 AM

I tried that a few times. Once, it didn't relaunch the finder, so I couldn't do anything. The last time it happened to work tho.

Forum Links
Forum Rules