Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > ahh new pb - when

ahh new pb - when
h00ligan
Forum Regular
Apr 1, 2005, 09:51 AM

I really want to switch back but i just feel like buying now would be a massive mistake...taking a hit on a wintel laptop i just bought.. but god i hate it. reboots, things not working.. heat.. ugh.

The updates are what, 2 months old now.. so what do you SPECULATE about the release of a dual core/g5. When is a god time to buy? The one thing i DO NOT want is to go back to 1024 and the 15 has craptastic battery life... the 17 seems to be the deal right now.. to me at least.. but i loive the 12.. the res is just so weak..what are your thought on when they will get things rolling..

damn apple.. making it so hard to buy you.
-= H00ligan =-

1.33 GHz 12" | 60 gig 7200 rpm drive | 1.25 Gigs of ram
amd 64 3000+ eMachines m6805 (arima lappy) | 60 gig | 512 megs | almost 3400 3dMark03 and it was only $1250 :)

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Apr 1, 2005, 10:06 AM

A good guide for buying new hardware.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

I wouldn't plan on a PB upgrade until the fall.

prolix
Forum Regular
Apr 4, 2005, 09:50 PM

sometimes i think about switching to a pc laptop. my 12" 867 is a big sluggish at times and i could use some more power, but i'd like to see some bumps in speed @ apple for the powerbooks to warrant the price tags. for around 1k i could go get a pretty fast winblows notebook. centrino, wireless, all the bells and wistles. of course it runs windows.. but still.

i love my powerbook though

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 4, 2005, 10:00 PM

I don't know if you guys have local Mac shops.. but there are always trade up options...

So if the G5 comes out... you could always trade up and not be left waiting
15" 2.33 MBP 2GB Ram, 120GB HD - Main Rig

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2005, 11:02 PM

I'm thinking August would be a good time for a new model if Apple will have g5's out for MWSF in Jan. Otherwise the current release could be good through Nov.

Forum Links
Forum Rules