Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Song order is right on my iTunes... but wrong on my iPod?

Song order is right on my iTunes... but wrong on my iPod?
Libid21
Nov 26, 2010, 05:17 AM

For some reason a couple of my albums have the right order on iTunes but the wrong order on my iPod Classic. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have the right track order in their info, so I don't know why this happens... Thanks.

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2010, 07:39 AM

Are these albums or playlists in the form of albums?
I've noticed the exact same problem in a couple of my playlists. I'm *guessing* they are ordered on your ipod in the sequence they got transferred to the ipod. The way I work around it is by browsing through the artists > album > song list, which then shows in the correct order.

Hope this helps.

Libid21  (op)
Nov 29, 2010, 12:05 PM

What do you mean by 'browsing' through the artists? I have these as albums as I don't have any playlists. Sorry, I'm confused about what you said.

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2010, 05:22 AM

Well I'm not sure how things show up on the new iPod Classic, but my 1st gen iPod nano lets me browse via Artists, or Songs, or Albums. So instead of going through directly to Albums, try going through to Artist, then Album, and then song list.

Also, have you checked to make sure that it's not set to shuffle all songs?

Forum Links
Forum Rules