Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > I NEED a new phone asap

I NEED a new phone asap
macfantn
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2012, 10:15 PM

So my power button quit working on my iPhone 4 last week. It's been inside an otter box commuter case since day 1. I took the case off made sure their wasn't dirt or anything in the button and it was fine. It just doesn't register when I click it. I don't want to buy the iPhone 4s it's the same damn phone plus siri which I wouldn't use much.

I'd like a larger screen phone, should I wait for iPhone 5 or look into another phone. I kind of like the nokia Lumia 900 which is due out in mid March for $99 too. What worries me though is does Windows phone have enough apps? Also is the processor fast enough?
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 14, 2012, 10:22 PM

Maybe you're just making light of things, but the 4S is a substantial upgrade from the 4. However, maybe your 4 can be fixed. It sounds like an easy fix.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

macfantn  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2012, 10:24 PM

It could probably be fixed, I've been using the accessibility settings for the on screen lock button. It works fine a little annoying but I can deal with it. I'm just impatient and want a new phone. I've had this thing since launch day 2010.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 14, 2012, 10:24 PM

It's very unlikely that the iPhone 5 will have a larger screen.

So if that's a priority, you better look outside Apple.

-t

amazing
Professional Poster
Feb 15, 2012, 02:22 PM

Have you taken it to a Genius Bar? I'm wondering if they'd replace it, even if it's out of warranty?

Anyway, here's youtube video that talks about getting the power button to work.

how to fix your iphone power button - YouTube

Basically you hold the top right corner of the 4 very tightly, then push the power button. Seems to work for some, not work for others. Please report back on whether this works...

Forum Links
Forum Rules