Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > iPadOS 14 On-Screen Keyboard Issues

iPadOS 14 On-Screen Keyboard Issues
ghporter
Administrator
Oct 4, 2021, 08:58 PM

My Zagg folio-keyboard has decided to be cute and act stupid, so I've been using the on-screen keyboard for a while. It's not as fast as typing with a real keyboard, (and I wind up two-finger pecking, which bugs me too), but it usually works.

However, with at least one web forum site, the on-screen keyboard will act up. If I hit a specific series of keys, often in the process of typing "the", the page focus shifts to some control or other on the page, and it has occasionally activated the "post" button.

First, can a web site interact with the on-screen keyboard to do more than invoke the "numeric", "email" or "full" keyboard?

How can I test the on-screen keyboard to determine if it is working correctly?

Finally, is there something in iPadOS 14 that "might" affect how both an external, Bluetooth keyboard and the on-screen keyboard act?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Thorzdad
Oct 5, 2021, 07:10 AM

I know I've seen an "enable keyboard shortcuts" preference setting in at least one online forum.

ghporter  (op)
Administrator
Oct 5, 2021, 09:43 AM

I hadn’t thought of that. I’ll look into it.

ghporter  (op)
Administrator
Oct 11, 2021, 02:31 PM

I just upgraded my iPad to 15.0.2. After restoring my apps and data, it looks like (fingers crossed) my Zagg keyboard works just fine again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules