Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > 61% of Iraqis polled support attacks on US troops

61% of Iraqis polled support attacks on US troops (Page 2)
ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2006, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by raduga
Why don't we hear about it? You'd think the powers that be would be eager to share all their progress, especially with approval ratings being what they are.
Having googled "Bush touts progress in Iraq", I read several news articles delivering their coverage of his having done so in the same manner as you above.

I met a reporter who spent a couple years in Iraq, he told me that today there is not one independent Western journalist inside Iraq, excepting the Green Zone where all media outlets are housed in a single floor in the Palestine Hotel, whose walls were reinforced after a mortar attack a year ago.
You mean the car bomb that killed two British journalists on May 31st of this year? I agree it's bad in Iraq and believe fiction is unnecessary. What do you call independent? Have you funded camcorders and players for Iraqis? There's your independent media. They'll certainly have a lot better go of it now than they would've under Saddam Hussein. Crazy huh? Your focus is interesting.

Perhaps there is progress going on within Iraqi factions, but if Americans can't get without a hundred miles of said progress without getting IED'd, then I don't think we can take much credit for it.
Some of them rode in on tanks among soldiers. You might know, there are a lot of complexities once the city is breached. Agree or disagree with policy, we're not living in McWorld.

That's not what I said.
This is what you said;

Originally Posted by raduga
Anyway, who the hell are you to tell me (or anyone) that Iraq's people are not getting shafted by this war?
We're getting shafted by this war. We've gotten shafted by a tyrant who broke 13 Resolutions over the span of 12 years and watched his people starve due to the failed humanitarian ideal of economic sanctions. Iran obviously feels they've been shafted by our attempts and they've lashed out. China feels shafted by N. Korea and they may act. Osama feels shafted by the US and the US feels shafted by Osama, terrorists, and anyone who shares their rhetoric and friendship.

War is a racket
So is opposing it. You assume the goal of all prominent media is journalistic integrity, but only those with an (R) in government are capable of dishonesty.

then go on to say...

and to try and argue anything else is not only ignorant in the extreme, it is morally irresponsible, not to mention just makes you sound like a total jerk.
I appreciate you offering your infinite wisdom and enlightenment for the benefit of those lowly enough to disagree with which "shafted" group enjoys your support today.
ebuddy

ebuddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2006, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Moderator
What the right is saying is fcuk what Iraqi's think. USA USA.
You mean as opposed to; fcuk the Iraqi's! NOT IN MY BACKYARD NOT IN MY BACKYARD.
ebuddy

art_director
Professional Poster
Oct 11, 2006, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy
We've gotten shafted by a tyrant who broke 13 Resolutions over the span of 12 years and watched his people starve due to the failed humanitarian ideal of economic sanctions. Iran obviously feels they've been shafted by our attempts and they've lashed out. China feels shafted by N. Korea and they may act. Osama feels shafted by the US and the US feels shafted by Osama, terrorists, and anyone who shares their rhetoric and friendship.
That argument always makes me laugh. Numerous other countries break UN resolutions. Are you suggesting we invade them as well? Can't have it both ways.

The War on Terror is a pathetic joke. Bush doesn't give two trustfunds about catching Bin Laden. If he did we'd have more troops in Afghanistan chasing down AQ & the Taliban, not to mention eliminating the record poppy crop which, BTW, funds these terror groups. It also funds the CIA. Perhaps that's why we're not serious about destroying it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules