Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > upgrade apache on OS X server need help w/ apple mods

upgrade apache on OS X server need help w/ apple mods
ctlq
Nov 30, 2004, 11:17 AM

I'm looking to upgrade apache on a 10.3 server to 1.3.33 but I'm not sure how to recompile the apple modules (apple_auth, apple_sherlock, apple_macbinary, etc) or if I should even bother (I'm not sure what they do and if they're really necessary). Someone please advise!

zwiebel_
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 30, 2004, 12:09 PM

What is the reason for doing a minimal upgrade like that? If you want a newer version of Apache, why not just jump onto v2?

If you really want the 1.3.33, head over to www.entropy.ch and post your question. There are a lot of helpfull and knowledgable people there that can help you.

ctlq  (op)
Nov 30, 2004, 12:14 PM

I would switch to version 2 except I don't get to make that call. My reasoning for moving to 1.3.33 is because a module isn't working right with the current apache but works on the newer (go figure).

Forum Links
Forum Rules