Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Me and my big mouth!

Me and my big mouth!
tamaroy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 2000, 10:41 PM

Just when I thought my cube and 15" LCD was going to be well behaved I get a problem. I can't put it to sleep. Touching the Cube, monitor or Sleep from the menu bar it goes to sleep and immediately awakes. If I let the Energy Saver put it to sleep it works fine.

Any ideas?

VRL
Senior User
Oct 21, 2000, 10:57 AM

Just a thought ... I had some weird sleep problems (occasionally, computer wouldn't wake up). I picked up and installed Sleeper (a little shareware app), turned off the Energy Saver panel, and it seems to be working fine now. (I have a B&W G3 400.) - BTW, how do you like your Cube??

Hope it works out for you.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." (Kierkegaard)
"What concerns me is not the way things are, but the way people think things are." (Epictetus)

tamaroy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2000, 12:08 PM

Thanks for your reply! After hours of troubleshooting thinking it was a sw problem I finally pulled out the guts and reseated and all is well again.....for the moment!

Forum Links
Forum Rules