Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > No Creation Date on Folders

No Creation Date on Folders
Douglashh
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2006, 12:57 AM

I was reorganizing my digital photos and discovered that quite a number of the folders do not have creation dates, just a series of ---- when I do a GetInfo.

Is there someway to recover the actual creation date or put one into the GetInfo window?

The digital files all have creation dates it's just the folders they are in that don't have a creation date.

Thanks,
Doug

Douglashh  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2006, 07:46 PM

This is getting weirder now. I looked at some of the digital files in one of the folders with No Creation Date and some of them had no creation date either. I opened the file with GraphicConverter and it showed the creation date and time. Checked GetInfo again and no creation date.

Could this be some kind of prebinding issue or something like that?

Doug

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2006, 08:00 PM

How did these photos come to be on your computer? It sounds like somehow the files weren't given creation dates, but there is a date recorded in the image metadata.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Douglashh  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2006, 01:20 AM

I downloaded all the digital files from my camera. Some are from my old digital camera and some from my new camera. No apparent relationship between. Some files with no creation date are from the same download some from different downloads. Appears random in that there is no pattern. I photo pics up the creation dates as does GC.

Doug

Forum Links
Forum Rules