Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anna Benson and new Orioles pitching hubby, Kris, want to "CHRISTEN" every city?

Anna Benson and new Orioles pitching hubby, Kris, want to "CHRISTEN" every city? (Page 5)
Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 11:31 AM

Maybe.

But here you are, tuning in for the latest episode, right?

Just like the rest of us.

That's why Aberdeenwriter is infamous. Like Madonna. Never quite know what to expect from either.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 25, 2006, 11:32 AM

OK, so I've read the infamous Bowie thread now, and I'm starting to get a picture, but I'm still lost. Early in this thread, d4nth3m4n mentions something about "robbing the cradle", which I assume to be a reference to some alleged relationship of aberdeenwriter's, and now he's all pissed off about that. I assume that this part of the discussion got its start in yet another thread which hasn't been mentioned yet. Where is that?

I know I've contributed my fair share of forum-drama in the past, but I certainly hope I never quite reached this level.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2006, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Cody
Maybe.

But here you are, tuning in for the latest episode, right?

Just like the rest of us.

That's why Aberdeenwriter is infamous. Like Madonna. Never quite know what to expect from either.
Actually, I'm here to toss gas on the fire. I'm really a pyromaniac. And I must admit to a macabre fascination with conflict. One of the best entertainment events I can think of is to plant myself on a bench at the mall with a soft pretzel on Christmas eve....and watch the chaos.

If Heaven has a dress code, I'm walkin to Hell in my Tony Lamas.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 11:36 AM

Actually, I'm here to toss gas on the fire. I'm really a pyromaniac.
Well, at least you admit it!

I'm not eating potato chips or pretzels. I'm eating tuna salad and drinking coffee. It's breakfast for me.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2006, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg

I believe in honesty. I don't have time for convoluted crap. If I wanted that, I'd be a politician.

What you see is what you get. No apologies, no regrets.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 11:41 AM

I'm not eating potato chips or pretzels. I'm eating tuna salad and drinking coffee. It's breakfast for me.
That sounds delicious Cody. I'm having some Starbucks.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jan 25, 2006, 11:42 AM

Yes, as I was saying yesterday, Aberdeenwriter is good for getting everyone going. He adds a joie de vivre to this Lounge, doesn't he? That's why he's great around here. He reminds me of Madonna's tenacity; long ago when she was getting started and the biz was buzzing, some people despised her and some people like her, and when asked about the people who really disliked her she said, "You will love me."

Difference being, Madonna was good enough to do so many different things (and actually finally took lessons at some point) that almost anybody's bound to find SOME stuff of hers to really like, and to respect her skill and variability.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 11:42 AM

Count me in with boots. It's fun to tweak people, especially the egocentric drama queens who always take sh*t, and themselves, a tad too seriously. It just adds to the fun when they get their little cheerleaders in here and start talking about making changes in the forums, CUZ YOU GUYSES ARE ALL MEAN!!!11

Mmmm. Fire.

andi*pandi
Jan 25, 2006, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by boots
Actually, I'm here to toss gas on the fire. I'm really a pyromaniac.
MAD CHEMIST ALERT! MAD CHEMIST ALERT!

(I like madonna.)

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by analogika
Difference being, Madonna was good enough to do so many different things (and actually finally took lessons at some point) that almost anybody's bound to find SOME stuff of hers to really like, and to respect her skill and variability.
That, and we're talking about an internet forum. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison, is it?

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 11:54 AM

This place is like a huge soup pot.

The more people, the spicier it is.

Aberdeenwriter is like the garlic, you know?

I mean, when he's here, you know he's here, see? He's like garlic that way.

(Personally, I'd like to be thought of as bay leaves, BTW, very subtle, but also unmistakable.)

What spices are any of YOU?

boots, you're obviously going to be habanero peppers or sauce.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi
MAD CHEMIST ALERT! MAD CHEMIST ALERT!

(I like madonna.)

Heh. Organic chemists come to their profession by one of two ways. Either you like to blow shît up, or you want to see how good the stuff on the streets really is.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2006, 11:56 AM

This place is like a huge soup pot.

The more people, the spicier it is.

Aberdeenwriter is like the garlic, you know?

I mean, when he's here, you know he's here, see? He's like garlic that way.

He gives you bad breath?

(The difference being, I like garlic.)

paul w
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2006, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by wdlove
That sounds delicious Cody. I'm having some Starbucks.
While we're at the full disclosure thing, what's up wdlove? It would appear you have a fixation on cody dawg. Now the two of you may be friends in real life, or you may be two sides of the same coin. This being an internet forum it's hard to tell.

But why would one member repeatedly respond to another member's posts on a public forum, with repeated references to their personal (and thus private) relationship? It also seems a tad lopsided in favor your responding to her posts, and always, always 100% on her side.

I'm not railing, or even complaining. I just find it to be curious behaviour. I wonder if you were aware of how it might appear to others.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2006, 12:04 PM

He asked the question. Stand back, high probability of lighting strikes in this thread!

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 12:06 PM

Ooh. Second wind.

wolfen
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2006, 12:07 PM

I'm back.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 12:57 PM

He's not going to respond, probably, so I will.

"He likes me. He REALLY REALLY likes me!"

We're very good friends and, soon, probably business partners on an internet site that I've been putting together for a while.

Little do any of you know, but WD owns his own forum that is for kids and young adults. It's pretty cool - an Anime site and BBS.

Here is his site. A few of us are already visiting there. I'm Harajuku Girl (my ode to Gwen Stefani - who is totally and 100% )

Anyway, WD is a great guy and we bounce ideas off of each other, that's all. And his wife? Just awesome. Class act and very smart. They are active in local political and church groups and are just some of the nicest people you'd ever meet.

Is that what you wanted to hear and/or know? Now you do.

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2006, 01:37 PM

Cody, who would win a fight?

wdlove or your husband?

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 01:49 PM

Whaddya mean?

My husband lifts weights, kick boxes, skydives, and is very active.

I'm not sure about WDLove and what he does or doesn't do so I can't answer that question.

I can tell you that the two of them are staunch Republicans/conservatives and that they both laugh a lot.

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
( Last edited by Cody Dawg; Jan 26, 2006 at 09:01 AM. )

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 25, 2006, 01:53 PM

Dude, I loved your husband in Top Gun!
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2006, 01:58 PM

I just have this image of WDlove as some gigantic bodybuilder that wouldn't hurt a fly. Gentle giant type.

props to your husband for not popping the collar. Can't stand that look.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2006, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artful Dodger
I just have this image of WDlove as some gigantic bodybuilder that wouldn't hurt a fly. Gentle giant type.

props to your husband for not popping the collar. Can't stand that look.
Popped collars are the Number 1 defense against vampires.

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2006, 02:17 PM

nantucket pink izod shirts are a great defense against anything on their own

strictlyplaid
Senior User
Jan 25, 2006, 03:06 PM

I can't believe this thread, which was pretty whack for the first four pages, morphed into another CodyBlog post. Her thread-bending powers are mighty indeed.

paul w
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2006, 05:06 PM

We're very good friends and, soon, probably business partners on an internet site that I've been putting together for a while.

Little do any of you know, but WD owns his own forum that is for kids and young adults. It's pretty cool - an Anime site and BBS.

Here is his site. A few of us are already visiting there. I'm Harajuku Girl (my ode to Gwen Stefani - who is totally and 100% )

Anyway, WD is a great guy and we bounce ideas off of each other, that's all. And his wife? Just awesome. Class act and very smart. They are active in local political and church groups and are just some of the nicest people you'd ever meet.

That's cool. It's not exactly the point I was making and it doesn't really answer my question, but if you two are really friends so much the better. Friends are good. I knew already you're both supposedy married (I take stuff at face value here), and all that. How could I not know you were married as well as plenty of other personal info that you've been so kind to share with us.

But concerning WD, it just seemed like odd behaviour and it was getting a lot of attention lately. So I asked. I aplogize to the forum for turning this into yet another thread about cody, but it was already so absurd I figured, what the hell.

OK, who's next?

James L
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2006, 05:24 PM

Whaddya mean?

Well, to be fair, the skills you listed above have VERY little to do with real fighting.

BUT BUT BUT

Being married for a while to a strong willed, outspoken, Republican woman such as yourself, and also one who changes her mind and sometimes is hard to keep up with, well....

If he couldn't fight you probably would have killed him a long time ago!!!

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2006, 05:59 PM

I had to start reading this thread again, I couldn't understand what you all could have possibly been talking about for five whole pages.

Now that I've caught up.... I feel dumber.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 06:30 PM

I'm sorry to step into this ode to WD and his love stick once again with my less than graceful textual boner, but WD having a kiddy site is exactly the way I imagined he would be. Each to his own, I say, each to his own.

Dayum.
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 06:33 PM

Whaddya mean?

I'm not sure about WDLove and what he does or doesn't do so I can't answer that question.

I can tell you that the two of them are staunch Republicans/conservatives and that they both laugh a lot.

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

So is that the guy that wanted to go fuçk mastrap up?
weird wabbit

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Millennium
OK, so I've read the infamous Bowie thread now, and I'm starting to get a picture, but I'm still lost. Early in this thread, d4nth3m4n mentions something about "robbing the cradle", which I assume to be a reference to some alleged relationship of aberdeenwriter's, and now he's all pissed off about that. I assume that this part of the discussion got its start in yet another thread which hasn't been mentioned yet. Where is that?

I know I've contributed my fair share of forum-drama in the past, but I certainly hope I never quite reached this level.
yup, that's what i did. cody had a couple blog threads about it right after the election. i guess i was breaking some law by actually paying attention to this bilge.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 06:36 PM

Right after the erection?
weird wabbit

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 25, 2006, 06:42 PM

I think there is still a lot of hateful people in here.

And it just gives me another reason never to give out any information about my personal life.

If people can use it against you, they will. It's not right. But they will.

Note, I am not making any judgements about anyone in here. I am just speaking in general.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jan 25, 2006, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by theolein
So is that the guy that wanted to go fuçk mastrap up?
Oh shi...

I'd forgotten all about the iWrite histrionics! That was too funny.

However, she did lay low for a while and show up under a new nick. Cody hasn't threatened anyone to my knowledge.

Now, aberdeenwriter, on the other hand...hm.

Is AW the ex-Mr. Write?

News at 11.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2006, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dork.
I had to start reading this thread again, I couldn't understand what you all could have possibly been talking about for five whole pages.

Now that I've caught up.... I feel dumber.

We're here to help.™

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
I think there is still a lot of hateful people in here.
I don't see any hate here. All i see is LOVE.

I feel it too. What's wrong with u?

Feel it, kevin. It's throbbing like a heartbeat. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

Cody Dawg is loving it up. WD is lovin' it up. This thread is just so full of loverliness I'm about to faint.

Why, this Anna Benson just luvs her pitch man so much she can't stand not to do him in every city they can. And do I fault her? NOooooo!

It's all about LOVE.

Man, get a grip!

And it just gives me another reason never to give out any information about my personal life.

If people can use it against you, they will. It's not right. But they will.

Note, I am not making any judgements about anyone in here. I am just speaking in general.
Oh, BTW, your very first sentence is a judgement. And a hateful one at that.

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 07:16 PM

James L
If he couldn't fight you probably would have killed him a long time ago!!!

Actually, we play that game called "mercy" a lot. The one where you interlock fingers and you try to bend the other person's hand/wrists back until they give. I'm pretty good at that. But, we don't fight otherwise. Later!

James L
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2006, 08:13 PM

Actually, we play that game called "mercy" a lot. The one where you interlock fingers and you try to bend the other person's hand/wrists back until they give. I'm pretty good at that. But, we don't fight otherwise. Later!
Have great day!

marden
Baninated
Jan 25, 2006, 08:42 PM

I saw the Google ads at the top of the page and wondered why they had tuna ads. Now I see.

10 Reasons Not 2 Eat Tuna
Heart disease. Brain rot. Think tuna's good for you? Think again.
Ao, I visited the cite and was surprised they compared eating tuna with eating your family dog.

http://www.fishinghurts.com/f-tuna.asp

Would You Eat Your Dog?
How about a fish who’s as smart as a dog? Dr. Theresa Burt de Perera, an Oxford University scientist, recently published research showing that fish learn faster than dogs. And University of Edinburgh biologist Culum Brown says, “In many areas, such as memory, their cognitive powers match or exceed those of ‘higher’ vertebrates, including non-human primates.”
Think about it Cody DAWG.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 25, 2006, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by mr. natural

Cody Dawg is loving it up. WD is lovin' it up. This thread is just so full of loverliness I'm about to faint.

Why, this Anna Benson just luvs her pitch man so much she can't stand not to do him in every city they can. And do I fault her? NOooooo!

It's all about LOVE.

Man, get a grip!
AHhahahahhahahaahhaha
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHahahaha

andi*pandi
Jan 25, 2006, 09:15 PM

thread now approaches surrealism. any moment expect large man wearing a bowler hat to turn into a waffle.

marden
Baninated
Jan 25, 2006, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by mr. natural

It's all about LOVE.

Man, get a grip!

Sometimes the lounge reminds me of the part in the Man of the Moon movie when Andy Kaufman goes to the south and wrestles the southern wrestling star and the people are very very angry and some of them make you think they don't remember this is entertainment. They want to hurt people.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 25, 2006, 09:33 PM

I don't think some of you know the whole story. That is ok. No harm done.

It just means you don't know what some of us is referring to.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 10:04 PM

This thread is a good reason as to why moderators should be salaried around here.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2006, 10:14 PM

Okay.

I just read the David Bowie thread.

Unbelievable!

WOW.

Where's the Smiley with a noose around his neck?

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 26, 2006, 08:17 AM

Cody, I like you I do.

But I think you may be over-reacting a bit here. Maybe letting your personal dealings with aberdeen take over your rational side?

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 08:24 AM

Don't judge ME, Kevin.

You don't know what the hell I'm talking about when I posted up there do you?

I am the ONLY one who actually said that I thought Aberdeenwriter was an okay guy.

I am the ONLY one who actually said that I thought Aberdeenwriter should be cut some slack.

I am the ONLY one who actually said that he added something to MacNN.

Why aren't YOU saying the same things? You're his new friend, right?

No, you're here attacking people, like me, for...???

I don't deserve it. I'm about the only person who went out on a limb here for him.

I come here in the morning and you tell me, essentially, that I'm not "rational?"

I'd say that a LOT of people here aren't rational, if you want to point fingers, not just me, judging by your definition of rationality.

That includes YOU for saying what you said up there ^^^.

Screw you and your "peace plan," Kevin. That was a low blow. Now you're attacking me, too, and I didn't deserve it.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 26, 2006, 08:34 AM

Like I said, I think you are over-reacting. That is all.

I am not just talking about this thread. But the fact anyone knows anything about his personal life to begin with.

I guess that is why I've decided to not give out personal information on the internet ever.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 08:46 AM

"Overreacting" about what?

Now you're spewing BS. "But the fact that anyone knows anything about his personal life to begin with."

When you say that you're alluding to my personal issue with him - so once, again, you brought it to the forums.

Like I said, I think you are over-reacting. That is all.

I am not just talking about this thread. But the fact anyone knows anything about his personal life to begin with.
You, his new "friend," have brought the issue that I have with him - you said that I "overreacted" - to this forum with your comments.

If I were an "overreacting" type of person then I'd just tell everyone the way I see things, right? Do you really think that would do him any favors?

Okay, whatever, Kevin.

I'm not overreacting. I'm just keeping my mouth shut. I had nice enough things to say about him up there.

The fact is that he DEMANDED via a PM that I start a thread about how I "retract" my statements about him - in public.

Should I do that? REALLY do that?

Because to "retract" what I said - or he thinks I said - means to tell EVERYONE why he and I had a falling out.

Should I do that?

???

No, I'm leaving it alone and walking away.

I said that I thought he was okay, intelligent, a nice guy, and I left it at that.

You need to ask yourself if you are REALLY doing him any favors, Kevin. Seriously. You're a nice guy and everything, but the truth is that you don't know ALL of the truth. You really don't. Not about him, not about me, not about anyone else.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2006, 08:51 AM

Oh, and I'm turning off my PM feature because why does it matter?

Kevin, you could have PMd me this information ^^^ above and you didn't.

You took it public by posting here and so I guess everything can stay in public, right?

What's the use of PMs?

JUST POST EVERYTHING HERE, FOLKS!

(Hint: NOW I'm "overreacting.")

Forum Links
Forum Rules