Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anna Benson and new Orioles pitching hubby, Kris, want to "CHRISTEN" every city?

Anna Benson and new Orioles pitching hubby, Kris, want to "CHRISTEN" every city? (Page 16)
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2006, 10:51 PM

Schweeeeeet Sixteeeeeen

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !

-t

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2006, 10:52 PM

Yeah, one more to go !

-t

euchomai
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2006, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777
Schweeeeeet Sixteeeeeen

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !

-t
you are awesome on many many levels!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2006, 10:54 PM

Aaaarrgh. I posted in the wrong thread...

aberdeenwriter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777
Yeah, one more to go !

-t
OCD much?

j/k
Consider these posts as my way of introducing you to yourself.

Proud "SMACKDOWN!!" and "Golden Troll" Award Winner.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2006, 10:57 PM

*sigh*

Ok, seventeen, here we go...

Can't believe this sh!t is not locked yet...

euchomai
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2006, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by what_the_heck
*sigh*

Ok, seventeen, here we go...

Can't believe this sh!t is not locked yet...
Are you really cuboid? I thought I saw someone say that.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2006, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by euchomai
Are you really cuboid? I thought I saw someone say that.
Nope. Actually, I started out mocking cubeoid. Hence my sig.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by aberdeenwriter

I have done my share of shixx stirring and have levied some brutal attacks here and there. Somehow, and for some reason, I have lost the taste for simply laying waste to the unwary, the inconsiderate, the ignorant, the prejudiced, those who refuse to use the brains God gave them, the fuzzy brained and etc.

You mean, like your history of paranoia about people masquerading on message boards going back to a famous thread, where you truly showed the, uhm, (ref)use you have for brains:

Should I be able to go to a Polish online forum and lobby in favor of the candidate I feel is best for Poland, without disclosing the fact I'm not Polish and can't vote there and have a vested interest in the issue which is different from the interests of many of the Polish electorate?
Originally Posted by y0y0
That is something I would love to see...

#aberdeenwriter has joined polchat.pl

aberdeenwriter%>hi, I think Leszek MIller is the best president that poland has ever had and should win the elections for another term in office. His support for the USA is fanastic!

jacekadmin%>czesc, nie jestes Polakiem? jestes Amerykaninem? Leszek Miller jest premier, nie jest president.

aberdeenwriter%>huh, sorry? can you say that in english?

jacekadmin%>to jest polchat.PL! my jestesmy Polakami.

aberdeenwriter%>hey, speak english,you dumb foreigner!!

jacekadmin%>mnie tez milo Ciebie poznac, czesc!

#aberdeenwriter has been kicked from polchat.pl

FWIW, you would have been right for once there, amazingly, had you realised that that was me, except, even the goon squad (Spliff'sdaddy and Mac'n'Steak, with you as the token lunatic fringe element) had the ludicrous idea I was some yankee northern Librul.

That said, those must have been more pleasant days for you and Cody's Dog, since she was in their at your side, rooting (for) you.
weird wabbit

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:02 PM

Nope. Actually, I started out mocking cubeoid. Hence my sig.
I've got you pegged as d4nth3m4n, you've got his same tone and style.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
I've got you pegged as d4nth3m4n, you've got his same tone and style.
Nope. Try again.

aberdeenwriter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by theolein
You mean, like your history of paranoia about people masquerading on message boards going back to a famous thread, where you truly showed the, uhm, (ref)use you have for brains:

FWIW, you would have been right for once there, amazingly, had you realised that that was me, except, even the goon squad (Spliff'sdaddy and Mac'n'Steak, with you as the token lunatic fringe element) had the ludicrous idea I was some yankee northern Librul.

That said, those must have been more pleasant days for you and Cody's Dog, since she was in their at your side, rooting (for) you.
Actually my original argument is valid and I am of the same point of view. I feel it is inappropriate to lobby for a particular set of views and values to voters without disclosing your own nationality.

How can you believe it is alright?

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:20 PM

Actually my original argument is valid and I am of the same point of view. I feel it is inappropriate to lobby for a particular set of views and values to voters without disclosing your own nationality.

Why not do such a thing? I am more concerned about citizens who let themselves be swayed by the opinions of others rather than from where those opinions might originate. The fact that there are, or might be, a lot of citizens out there who can't make up their own mind on political issues is VERY scary to me. It's like they can't think for themselves and they need to think collectively. That is scary stuff in an electorate, regardless of the party being supported by such collective thinking.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:28 PM

The operative word there is "lobby", which means, in the context of the US, someone who gets paid to persuade others to vote for what they want, and against which there is a law in the US.

As for having another nick, I had myself banned in the pol lounge to avoid posting there, but for a while I couldn't resist going back on occasion. I have no special reason to hide who I am and where I come from (lord knows, I've done it often enough in earlier years), but it was just plain fun to string you along with your insane (but utterly hilarious) bullsh|t that goes for serious posts in your little 1part of the universe.

And that, on a final, and serious note, is what I've been doing here. I have nothing against you personally and I don't feel happy that you lost your teenage love queen (but believe me, given the things that you've posted on the subject, I think it's probably for the better) and I'm not really horrified that she was 17 (although I think you were just asking for trouble with a girl some 37 years younger than you).

I do find your batsh|t weird threads the best fun I've had on the internet for quite a while, though, although I do hope for you, that if you take them seriously, that you seek some professional help.
weird wabbit

aberdeenwriter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:30 PM

Why not do such a thing? I am more concerned about citizens who let themselves be swayed by the opinions of others rather than from where those opinions might originate. The fact that there are, or might be, a lot of citizens out there who can't make up their own mind on political issues is VERY scary to me. It's like they can't think for themselves and they need to think collectively. That is scary stuff in an electorate, regardless of the party being supported by such collective thinking.
Oh, c'mon. Identifying who is for and who is against something is part and parcel and an important P&P of helping formulate an opinion. While some people just stop at that stage ("Well, if the Republicans are in favor of it, it MUST be bad!"), others use that as a starting point ("Sen. McCain is against torture and he knows torture personally! But, before I just blindly go along with him I want to read the arguments, pro AND con.").

Hiding behind anonymity one can espouse all kinds of things that might seem reasonable on the face of it. But knowing that a Russian or a Communist Chinese feels a certain way about an American political issue is worthy of note, in and of itself. Add to that whatever the agenda they are trying to influence and you bet your boots it's important to know their orientation.

aberdeenwriter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:36 PM

The operative word there is "lobby", which means, in the context of the US, someone who gets paid to persuade others to vote for what they want, and against which there is a law in the US.
Lobbying isn't illegal. Lobbying isn't only of the paid variety. Professional lobbying isn't illegal.
Anyone who tries to persuade others to vote a certain way can be said to lobby for their cause.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:39 PM

Oh, c'mon. Identifying who is for and who is against something is part and parcel and an important P&P of helping formulate an opinion. While some people just stop at that stage ("Well, if the Republicans are in favor of it, it MUST be bad!"), others use that as a starting point ("Sen. McCain is against torture and he knows torture personally! But, before I just blindly go along with him I want to read the arguments, pro AND con.").
You just proved my point, AW. "Identifying who is for and who is against something is part . . . aof helping formulate an opinion". When you look at a political issue do you really care what someone else says about it? Do you really care what friend, neighbor, acquaintance says about it? I mean, you might ask someone's opinion but if you really need to hear someone else's viewpoints on an issue to make up your own mind, that is scary. I'm sorry. But in this day and age there are simply too many readily available sources of information for people to let important decisions, like who their political leaders are, be so heavily influences by others. Come on, tell me you don't really think this is acceptable?
( Last edited by dcmacdaddy; Jan 31, 2006 at 11:50 PM. )

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:48 PM

Lobbying isn't illegal. Lobbying isn't only of the paid variety. Professional lobbying isn't illegal.
Anyone who tries to persuade others to vote a certain way can be said to lobby for their cause.
There is a law in the US AFAIK, that makes it illegal to lobby when paid for by a foreign government or entity and not disclose it.

P.S. This belongs in the pol lounge. But the problem is not one of foriegn agents, but one of your paranoia, since you went on exactly the same trip of seeing someone else in keyzer soze and others in a completely different context, and managed to read in an insult about apalcas (of all things on earth) when none was intented. Those are signs of real paranoia.

The irony is that you did it yourself with the mojo nick and wouldn't admit to it either. In other words you project your own fears onto others.

What would Kevin think?
weird wabbit

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:52 PM

What would Kevin think?

aberdeenwriter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:54 PM

You just proved my point, AW. "Identifying who is for and who is against something is part . . . aof helping formulate an opinion". When you look at a political issue do you [B]really[/I] care what someone else says about it? Do you really care what friend, neighbor, acquaintance says about it? I mean, you might ask someone's opinion but if you really need to hear someone else's viewpoints on an issue to make up your own mind, that is scary. I'm sorry. But in this day and age there are simply too many readily available sources of information for people to let important decisions, like who their political leaders are, be so heavily influences by others. Come on, tell me you don't really think this is acceptable?
To so many readers, posters and lurkers who haven't yet formed an internal point of view it is important that context be provided.

Think of the people in days past who voted ALL GOP or ALL Democratic tickets. Or took their labor union cheat sheet into the booth to know how to vote in an election.

Here's something you may not believe, but it's true.

In the debate over the 1964 Civil Rights Act I had no idea who the good guys and who the bad guys were. Granted, I was just 9 years old but still.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:56 PM

What would Kevin think?
Originally Posted by Mastrap
WWKD?

"When you're in a tight jam and don't know what to do, just think of Kevin. He'll know what to do!"

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2006, 11:57 PM

WWKD?
Seconded. That's what came to my mind as well...

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:58 PM

Bla
weird wabbit

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:59 PM

Seconded. That's what came to my mind as well...
He could be like Captain Obvious--The Sunday comic strip, not the jackass on this forum--with tights, a cape, and a logo on his chest of a partially bent knee with a red line through it (no knee-jerking).

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 12:00 AM

Bla Bla Back Steep, Have You Any Cool
weird wabbit

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2006, 12:00 AM

Bla
Blub.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 12:01 AM

Yessir, yessir, three crack bags full
weird wabbit

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2006, 12:01 AM

Alright, we are seriously approaching page 17. Way to go for nonsense...

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 12:02 AM

One for the master chief, one for the damned
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 12:03 AM

and one for the little boy who lives down the lane
weird wabbit

turtle777
Clinically Insane

21 to go...

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN

Alright, we are seriously approaching page 17. Way to go for nonsense...
Yeah, sorry about the semi-derail back there getting all serious with AW. 800, here we come!

theolein
Addicted to MacNN

Bla Bla your back stinks, have you a big tool
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 12:04 AM

my concentration is waning, dammit
weird wabbit

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2006, 12:04 AM

Yeah, sorry about the semi-derail back there getting all serious with AW.
I almost reported abuse

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2006, 12:05 AM

Are there any foreign agents here, other than me?

theolein
Addicted to MacNN

I fear that I will not be the first to arrive in the promised land of 17
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN

a foreign agent a day keeps the loonies at bay
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 12:07 AM

So, is it Theo in Mercedes McClaren or what the feck in Ferrari?
weird wabbit

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN

Originally Posted by besson3c
Are there any foreign agents here, other than me?
Are you an agent provocateur? or a lobbyist?

turtle777
Clinically Insane

my concentration is waning, dammit
Dooooooon't.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 12:08 AM

Theo's gearbox has started to spill oil all over the track, just like this thread's sanity
weird wabbit

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 12:08 AM

I fear that I will not be the first to arrive in the promised land of 17
Jesus, I just looked at the time. It's got to be going on 6:00 Am Wednesday morning there. And you've been up all night, haven't you?

Well, hang in there. We're now one post closer to the promised land.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 12:09 AM

Minardi, with Aberdeen driver is providing hearty entertainment for the masses at the back of the pack
weird wabbit

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2006, 12:10 AM

Question is: Is he STILL up or ALREADY ?

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN

Allright everbody . . . only a handful of posts to go. I say we let Theolein get number 800. As righteous as the Turtle is, he never stayed up all night just to own a page.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN

Jesus, I just looked at the time. It's got to be going on 6:00 Am Wednesday morning there. And you've been up all night, haven't you?

Well, hang in there. We're now one post closer to the promised land.
I'm doing an all-nighter (work deadline) and my brains are jelly by now in any case. But that's just fine with this thread.
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 12:11 AM

Allright everbody . . . only a handful of posts to go. I say we let Theolein get number 800. As righteous as the Turtle is, he never stayed up all night just to own a page.
That's so kind. I could almost cry.
weird wabbit

aberdeenwriter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2006, 12:12 AM

There is a law in the US AFAIK, that makes it illegal to lobby when paid for by a foreign government or entity and not disclose it.
Ahhh! Yes, illegal for foriegn agentry to lobby without registering as such.

What would Kevin think?
I don't check with him. He doesn't check with me. Does Geppetto know you are playing on the intranets?

j/k

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2006, 12:12 AM

Can't believe there's no lock yet. OMG.

Forum Links
Forum Rules