Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Any Monitors with two DVI ports?

Any Monitors with two DVI ports?
BigWheel88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 26, 2008, 02:27 AM

Just curious if anyone new of any monitors with two DVI ports. I'm not talking about dual link like what is needed with the 30in monsters out there. I don't want to get a KVM switch as every one I have ever tried has been wonky in one way or another. I rather just use Teleport and press a button on the monitor to switch between input 1 and 2

thanks

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 26, 2008, 03:24 AM

There seem to be some on the market, but I don't know if they provide the switching functionality you're looking for:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...CD&btnG=Search

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 26, 2008, 10:41 AM

Did you use DVI KVM ? I have no experiences with those.

However, my VGA KVM from ConnectPro is spectacular. No issues at all switching between my Mac and my PC.

Also, you might wanna look at Synergy: http://lifehacker.com/software/dual-...use-254648.php

Maybe this works for you.

-t

Mithras
Professional Poster
Oct 26, 2008, 11:24 AM

There are plenty with one DVI and one VGA, which honestly would probably work fine.

BigWheel88  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 26, 2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
There are plenty with one DVI and one VGA, which honestly would probably work fine.
I have one with DVI and VGA now, but on VGA the quality isn't so hot, which is why I'm looking for one with 2 DVI

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Did you use DVI KVM ? I have no experiences with those.

However, my VGA KVM from ConnectPro is spectacular. No issues at all switching between my Mac and my PC.

Also, you might wanna look at Synergy: http://lifehacker.com/software/dual-...use-254648.php

Maybe this works for you.

-t
I have tried DVI KVM at friends houses and work, but they tend to either have problems switching or have strange artifacts after switch much of the time. There may be better ones than what i have tried but DVI switches can end up costing almost as much as a new monitor. Which is why I asked.

I haven't tried Synergy but it seems to do the same thing as Teleport which I am using now

Anyway a friend just suggested I get something with DVI and HDMI inputs then use a DVI to HDMI cable for the second computer. I'm gonna look into that.

Thanks for responding

all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 27, 2008, 06:41 PM

HP do one with three!
http://hothardware.com/Articles/HP-L...onitor/?page=3

I'm pretty sure they did a smaller one with two as well, but can't remember the model.

Nivag
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2008, 07:04 AM

NEC do some with a DVI-D & DVI-I socket. I'll post the model I've used once I go on site that has got them.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2008, 09:31 AM

I'd really like to know why screen manufacturers can't just add two DVI-I to their monitors. Maxmimum flexibility: versatility that doesn't come at the cost of quality.

Of course I'm not talking about Apple here. They'd already be outdoing themselves if they finally learned how to add a second input to their screens.

Forum Links
Forum Rules