Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Howard Stern expands market... "Going after Bush"

Howard Stern expands market... "Going after Bush"
bleuvixen
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2004, 09:06 AM

Anyone hear/see the announcement today?

He basically said that despite the FCCs fines, the trouble he's felt when Clear Channel dropped him and everything else he has beeen dealing with they have expanded to 9 new markets, including my local West Palm Beach.

He says he is specifically going after the swing voters markets and will continue to broadcast until George Bush is out of office.

He seems to think Powell (of the FCC) has a agenda against him, and that George W Bush has a agenda against him. They are pushing for $500,000 PERSONAL fines against broadcasters and he says he hasn't broadcast anything different than he has done for 25 years.

I haven't listened to Stern in years (recently not in this area) but now coming to West Palm I will probably start occasionaly to see what he is up to now..

Here are the returning/added markets:

Returning to
pittsburgh
san diego
west palm beach
rochester
orlando

and new markets...
houston
austin
tampa
fresno

Report Here: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040630/nyw093_1.html
( Last edited by bleuvixen; Jun 30, 2004 at 10:14 AM. )

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 30, 2004, 09:15 AM

Howard Stern isn't offensive.

We *should* levy fines against televised Barbara Streisand events.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2004, 09:17 AM

Well, Stern has always been fighting the anti-first ammendment zealots. There's really nothing new.

He personally has said many times he isn't endorsing anyone. He's endorsing 'anyone but bush'. His feeling is, why reward this guy for screwing up America.

It's like giving tax money to Bin Laden for 9/11.

bleuvixen  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2004, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:
He personally has said many times he isn't endorsing anyone. He's endorsing 'anyone but bush'. His feeling is, why reward this guy for screwing up America.
He specifically said he wanted to see John Kerry take the house at least 4 or 5 times in the press conference... Maybe he knows splitting up the votes will do harm? People who say "anyone but Bush" aren't helping anyone but Bush.

p.s. I think it is still going on (I have to go in to work) so tune in if you want...

bleuvixen  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2004, 09:37 AM

Wow he is having a HUGE impact on our area, our #1 Morning show is apparently gone, Stern is going to broadcast in thier time slot now and noone seems to know what is going to happen to them

They served a huge market, (all the major Florida eastern coast) any mention of them from the main page (http://www.buzz103.com/home.asp) is gone
and thier page is gone (mostly) (http://www.morningbuzz.net/)

This was the biggest show around and now seems to be shifting...
This does actually work out for me becuse I can catch some stern and if the other show moves I can catch it alll at work now :-D for everyone else though...

Think Stern has this much power to unseat a major show like this? Think the local stations have any say in it?
( Last edited by bleuvixen; Jun 30, 2004 at 10:11 AM. )

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2004, 10:35 AM

Originally posted by bleuvixen:
He specifically said he wanted to see John Kerry take the house at least 4 or 5 times in the press conference... Maybe he knows splitting up the votes will do harm? People who say "anyone but Bush" aren't helping anyone but Bush.

p.s. I think it is still going on (I have to go in to work) so tune in if you want...
If I had a radio here I would.

The other day he was talking about this too. Said he didn't want to tell people who to vote for. Just anyone but Bush. He himself, seems not to fond of Kerry, but views Kerry as the lesser evil.

Though he made a specific note more than once over the past few weeks:
If Kerry screws up, in 4 years, we vote his @ss out just like this.

Tater Salad
Banned
Jun 30, 2004, 02:57 PM

Anyone but Bush is Kerry.
IMO, HS is an old, ugly, wig-wearing pervert. How could you listen to a show this is basically: "Can you deepthroat, do you do anal? Do you do oral? Are those real? Can I play with them?"
Pervert.

bleuvixen  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2004, 03:55 PM

Originally posted by Tater Salad:
How could you listen to a show this is basically: "Can you deepthroat, do you do anal? Do you do oral? Are those real? Can I play with them?"
Pervert.
How could anyone ever listen to his show?!??!
Oh because people like different things, have different opinions, and this is america.. I forgot not everyone thinks like me... those bastards!

p.s. you can :continue: to do what you are doing and NOT TUNE IN, trust me we will continue to not care.

bleuvixen  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2004, 04:44 PM

Update of our local station
Middle & Right Columns
http://morningbuzz.net/indexf.html

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2004, 08:46 PM

I'm no fan of Stern's, but he could be some what influential in getting his audience to help kick King George out!
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 1, 2004, 10:33 PM

AKA "Howard Stern, trying to boost ratings jumping on the bandwagon."

I've watched his show on E!. Any moron can do what he does.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2004, 11:29 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
AKA "Howard Stern, trying to boost ratings jumping on the bandwagon."

I've watched his show on E!. Any moron can do what he does.
Howard Stern doesn't need a boost in ratings, believe me, I know all to well about his situation.

Stern has been fighting the anti-free speech people for years. At this point, he's made his money (and then some). His whole goal at this point is pretty much 1st ammendment.

Note he's defended quite a few people who have been critized over the years with views he didn't agree with.

Howard Stern is dead serious when it comes down to 1st ammendment, over the years he's proven it over and over.

Also note he isn't 'anti-republican' as some of the media is now saying. He's actually a giant Gov. Pataki fan. Also was a fan of Fmr. Rep. Whitman (also a republican).

He's typically hated the dems.

alphasubzero949
Mac Elite
Jul 2, 2004, 01:42 AM

Originally posted by Tater Salad:
Anyone but Bush is Kerry.
IMO, HS is an old, ugly, wig-wearing pervert. How could you listen to a show this is basically: "Can you deepthroat, do you do anal? Do you do oral? Are those real? Can I play with them?"
Pervert.
No one's putting a gun to your head to turn the dial to his show. If you don't like it, don't listen. Simple enough?

Jansar
Professional Poster
Jul 2, 2004, 03:55 PM

My favorite celebrities are all completely against what I believe politically. Billy Corgan (of Smashing Pumpkins fame) has quite possibly changed the way I looked at music forever. I have all of his CDs, studio recordings, etc. However, he is a big liberal, and although it sucks, I put politics aside and just enjoy his musical abilities.

Same goes for Howard Stern. Although I don't really know where his faith lies, I listen to him on the radio and I think he's hilarious. However, if his show focused mainly on his view of politics, I may just not listen to him anymore, but that's not what he does.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

Lando Griffin
Jul 3, 2004, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by Jansar:
My favorite celebrities are all completely against what I believe politically. Billy Corgan (of Smashing Pumpkins fame) has quite possibly changed the way I looked at music forever. I have all of his CDs, studio recordings, etc. However, he is a big liberal, and although it sucks, I put politics aside and just enjoy his musical abilities.

Same goes for Howard Stern. Although I don't really know where his faith lies, I listen to him on the radio and I think he's hilarious. However, if his show focused mainly on his view of politics, I may just not listen to him anymore, but that's not what he does.
That's very true.
"And in other news, Lando Griffin, a popular student at a local high school, was killed last night when his motorcycle careened off Dead Man's Curve. Police were baffled when no body was found at the scene, but they decided it was best not to ask questions and just let everyone get on with their lives."

Forum Links
Forum Rules