Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Anyone rcvd settlement coupons?

Anyone rcvd settlement coupons?
Zim
Senior User
Jul 28, 2005, 11:11 AM

I sent in the day after the settlement annc was made... so its been a few weeks now. Wondering if anyone has had their $50 voucher/coupon show up yet?

Mike

southtdi
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 28, 2005, 11:57 AM

If you read the whole thing it was the settlement that Apple proposed and the other side was probably going to agree to. It stil has to go before a judge (end of August if a remember) and be approved. Once that is done then things will happen but probably not until late Sept. or Oct.
- TiBook 867mhz
- Rev. A Dual 2.0ghz PowerMac G5, 3 Gigs Ram, Dual Dell 24" displays.
- Imac G4 20" with 1 Gig of ram

Zim  (op)
Senior User
Sep 29, 2005, 09:28 AM

I saw recently (Aug 30) that the settlement was approved... anyone know about the coupons?

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/cctim...s/12512247.htm

Mike

hernando
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 7, 2005, 08:46 PM

Looks like it'll be October 25th, before anything starts to happen...

"On August 25, 2005, the Court granted final approval of the settlement and entered judgment. The judgment is expected to become final on October 25, 2005. Under the terms of the settlement, the Claims Administrator can begin processing the claim forms after the judgment has become final. We are working with Apple and the Claims Administrator to expedite the claims process and the distribution of the settlement benefits."

Taken from FAQ at: http://www.girardgibbs.com/ipodsettl...aqs.asp#faq_14

Zim  (op)
Senior User
Oct 10, 2005, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by hernando
Looks like it'll be October 25th, before anything starts to happen...

"On August 25, 2005, the Court granted final approval of the settlement and entered judgment. The judgment is expected to become final on October 25, 2005. Under the terms of the settlement, the Claims Administrator can begin processing the claim forms after the judgment has become final. We are working with Apple and the Claims Administrator to expedite the claims process and the distribution of the settlement benefits."

Taken from FAQ at: http://www.girardgibbs.com/ipodsettl...aqs.asp#faq_14
Ah... thanks for reading further than I did

Mike

Zim  (op)
Senior User
Feb 26, 2006, 10:15 PM

So I thought this was settled for good at the end of Dec...?? Still no coupon.

Any updates??

Mike

Dork.
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2006, 10:37 PM

The FAQ linked above has some more information:

The Claims Administrator has provided us with the following timeframe for the distribution of the settlement benefits:

February 17, 2006- The Claims Administrator will mail $25 checks to Class Members who purchased the AppleCare Protection Plan and obtained battery repair/replacement under the AppleCare Protection Plan.

Beginning of March 2006- For Class members who own a First or Second Generation iPod and who selected the $25 cash payment, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing $25 checks to those who submitted valid claims.

Middle of March 2006- For Class members who own a Third Generation iPod and who selected battery/iPod replacement, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing letters containing instructions for battery/iPod replacement to those who submitted valid claims.

Middle of March 2006- For Class members who own a First, Second or Third Generation iPod and who selected a $50 store credit, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing letters with certificate codes for the $50 store credit to those who submitted valid claims.

Around March 17, 2006- The Claims Administrator will begin sending deficiency letters to Class members who submitted an incomplete/incorrect claim.

End of March 2006- The Claims Administrator will send denial letters to those individuals who do not fit the class definition or who submitted their claims past the claims deadline.

Zim  (op)
Senior User
Feb 27, 2006, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dork.
Thanks. I kept going to http://www.appleipodsettlement.com/ which for some reason has added none of the new info.

Mike

jdiddy
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2006, 12:02 AM

Just got my $25 check I'm part of the first Febuary group.

atc ben
Mar 2, 2006, 12:42 AM

I missed something. What is this settlement all about?
-Ben- 15" Macbook Pro 2.33, 2GB RAM, 160HD, Matte
My

Zim  (op)
Senior User
Mar 23, 2006, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dork.
FYI, the FAQ has been updated.. some of the dates got pushed back ~ 2 weeks.

February 17, 2006- The Claims Administrator mailed $25 checks to Class Members who purchased the AppleCare Protection Plan and obtained battery repair/replacement under the AppleCare Protection Plan.

March 24, 2006- For Class members who own a First or Second Generation iPod and who selected the $25 cash payment, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing $25 checks to those who submitted valid claims.

End of March 2006- For Class members who own a Third Generation iPod and who selected battery/iPod replacement, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing letters containing instructions for battery/iPod replacement in weekly batches to those who submitted valid claims.

End of March 2006- For Class members who paid for battery/iPod replacement before June 3, 2005 pursuant to Appleā€™s Battery Replacement Program, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing checks for 50% of the amount previously paid to those who submitted valid claims.

End of March 2006- The Claims Administrator will send denial letters to those individuals who do not fit the class definition or who submitted their claims past the claims deadline.

Beginning of April 2006- For Class members who own a First, Second or Third Generation iPod and who selected a $50 store credit, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing letters with certificate codes for the $50 store credit to those who submitted valid claims.

Beginning of April 2006- The Claims Administrator will begin sending deficiency letters to Class members who submitted an incomplete/incorrect claim.
Twiddling my thumbs and holding off my Mac Mini purchase for my $50 discount.

Mike

bbales
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2006, 10:17 AM

Hmmm -- hadn't know about the dates being pushed back. That explains why I don't have my $50 credit! And I was going to use it next week...

Dork.
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2006, 10:22 AM

That's OK, there's no Intel iBook yet, anyway, I can wait for my $50.

Forum Links
Forum Rules