Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Black Album Cover?

Black Album Cover?
Vai
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 7, 2007, 02:03 PM

Hi I'm new in the forum and I have a question, I've been uploading some cover artwork on my ipod and when I see them on my music library from my ipod on itunes I can see the album cover perfectly fine, but when I unplugged it and try to see it on my ipod all I see is a black square, does anyone know why this is happening? This is just happening with some tunes, not all of'em. Thank you

Really cool board, it's been of a lot of help
( Last edited by Vai; Sep 7, 2007 at 04:49 PM. )

SpencerLavery
Sep 7, 2007, 02:13 PM

It's possible that they're in a file format that is incompatible such as PNG, PDF or PSD. They work fine on iTunes but I'm guessing they might not work so well on the iPod. I am literally just guessing though, as I don't own an iPod.
WhiteBook 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 250GB WD Scorpio HD
Wireless Mighty Mouse, Logitech S530 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, Hyundia 22" LCD
80GB Apple HD in Omata USB Caddy, 500GB FreeCom NAS formatted as HFS+ so no longer NAS
M-Audio Ozonic keyboard, M-Audio Solaris microphone, M-Audio BX5a speakers, Logic Studio

mutelight
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 7, 2007, 02:23 PM

I have never run into that problem but SpencerLavery is probably right, it most likely has something to do the file format of some of your images.

Dual 2.66Ghz Xeon Woodrcrests // 8800GT 512MB // 30" Apple Cinema Display // 8GB RAM // Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE // 64GB iPad LTE Verizon // Home Theater

stevenclements
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2007, 04:23 PM

I have the same problems now. The album artwork looks great on iTunes, but may not always display correctly when the iPod is detached from the PC.

These CD covers are all formats that are fine for importation into the iPod. What's odd is that I'll import one CD Album cover graphic... assign it to all songs and it's ok on some songs and BLACK on the others (as I previously mentioned). Obviously an iPod issue.

Steve

vertigociel
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2007, 04:11 AM

I had the same issue as stevenclements, with only some songs in an album "inheriting" the cover art. What I did was copy the art from the first song, select all the songs, brought up the "Get Info" pane (right-click>Get Info, or Command-I), selected the Album Art box, and pasted the art into it. It'll take a couple of seconds to assign the artwork to all the songs, and it'll have to update the songs next time you plug your iPod in, but from then you should be good to go.
15" MacBook Pro C2D, 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Matte Display.

Forum Links
Forum Rules