Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > weird iPod behavior

weird iPod behavior
Chuckmcd
Senior User
Feb 2, 2007, 09:34 PM

Hey guys,

I'm having a hard time with my ipod video (5g, first revision of the video capable model... whatever it is).

I got it last January, so I'm about 2 weeks out of my warranty period. While I was working out this morning the music stopped and the screen wigged out (1/3 just a white stripe, 1/3 stripped, and the bottom third just frozen) Reseting the devide didn't work, and it was done until I got it home and put it on the dock. There it took an hour telling me that "battery is extremly low... please wait) After that it charged fine and I hoped I was done with the weirdness.

I tried listening to some music and go about 10 minutes and then the same problem occured. Then rest it, and got 5 minutes. then let it sit (and pouted)... turned it on again and it frose during start up. let it sit and then it told me the battery was oo low to do anything.

It's now on the dock with the backlight on and playing happly or the last 15 minutes. Does anyone, have any idea what happening to my baby? Working out tomorrow morning is going to be a nightmare without any music.

thanks,
Charlie

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2007, 11:20 PM

Try contacting Apple. They should fix it since it is so close to being under warranty. It's a logic board problem. Also, we would refer to your iPod as the 5G iPod. Good luck!

Chuckmcd  (op)
Senior User
Feb 5, 2007, 10:50 AM

I talked to apple's support on the phone and they were pretty solid on not helping since it was out of the warranty period.

There's an apple store about 30 minutes from my home, so I'll take it by there later this week... maybe they'll be a little more helpful.

Forum Links
Forum Rules