Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] ProLCD Black

[ANN] ProLCD Black
Ice Spectre
Apr 18, 2005, 03:24 AM

I recently undertook this mod of ProLCD Blue for some fun a few afternoons ago, and it was met with some unexpected interest from a number of individuals, Wibs, the original author of the theme, included. When he allowed the mod to be released to the public, we both got to work, and the result is this theme.

Here's what Harlan wrote on DigitalRamen:
I'm pleased to announce the public release of ProLCD Black. Based on ProLCD Blue, it's been made dark and gooey all over. Well, maybe not gooey. The point is, you can download it right now.
Huge props to Ice Spectre for doing the mod in the first place, it's a beauty. Let this be a lesson to all of you... if you mod something of mine and it rocks, I'm going to take it from you and expose it to the world.
So, be sure to download it from either the DigitalRamen ProLCD Page, or the link provided below.
Download ProLCD Black

Enjoy!

Randman
Posting Junkie
Apr 18, 2005, 04:13 AM

Nice, looking forward to giving this a try. And props to Harlan for allowing the mod to be released as well.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Apr 18, 2005, 03:05 PM

It's been pretty quiet around here lately. Thanks for reminding me why I come here.
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

brianwilson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2005, 06:13 PM

Very nice! ProLCD is one of my favorite themes - nice to see another excellent variant!
// brian @ unsanity

crooner
Senior User
Apr 19, 2005, 06:32 PM

Great work and more importantly, great collaborative spirit! While cool mods are always interesting, I'm getting really tired of people showing off their mods only to add that they will never, ever, ever be released. Moreover, I have contacted some developers of themes that have been modded in an attempt to gain permission to obtain the mod, yet never even received a reply.

To see a great theme from a great developer with such an open mind regarding mods of his/her work is a breath of fresh air.

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

LBoogie
Apr 19, 2005, 09:39 PM

Are you kidding me?!
I love this!! Thanxx for this great looking theme

Makki
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2005, 11:08 PM

Nice work man thx for sharing

mikelite
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 20, 2005, 12:24 AM

sick! thanks a lot!

Kadgar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2005, 10:34 PM

Awesome mod ... just wondering what that font is?

Forum Links
Forum Rules