Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Re-entering Adobe CS2 Deluxe license information without reinstalling?

Re-entering Adobe CS2 Deluxe license information without reinstalling?
FireWire
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2011, 11:11 AM

Hi!

a few days ago, I had to format and restore my system from my Time Machine backup. Everything works fine, except when I try to open an application from the Adobe CS2 CS3 Deluxe suite. It tells me my license has expired and that I must reinstall the Suite. This is a 100% legit copy which I bought along with my iMac a few years ago for 500$ (huge student discount). When I first installed it, it didn't work and I had to call Adobe support and try many things which didn't work. I don't even remember how I managed to make it work in the end so I would like to avoid reinstalling it if I can. Is there a way to just enter my information somewhere instead of reinstalling the whole thing?

I did a few TM restores in the past and everything kept working, I don't know what went wrong this time...

Thank you!

(incidentally, it seems easier to just pirate it, as one of my friend who knows nothing about computers managed to install it quite easily!)
( Last edited by FireWire; Jan 16, 2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Made an error, I have CS3 and not CS2)

andi*pandi
Jan 6, 2011, 11:42 AM

Do you have little snitch installed? I seem to recall people being able to shut off CS2's "phone home" "feature".

FireWire  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2011, 12:09 PM

No I don't, but I would prefer to use an "official" way instead of hacking around the protection, if possible. So the problem would be with the server and not with my copy's internal checking?

FireWire  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2011, 03:06 PM

I finally managed to make it work! I found a useful document here

I had to download a disk image containing some special software, which presented me with this window upon launching

All that so it could run some obscure python script in the terminal from within an AppleScript application. After warning me that I was running this at my own risk, it didn't work. I tried all the other steps and finally the fourth solution worked. I had to rename the folder containing the security info using sudo in the terminal because it was located in the /Library and I didn't have access. This reset the license and I could re-enter my information and re-activate it. It now works perfectly!

Forum Links
Forum Rules