Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What's the deal with Dell's frequent but very limited sales?

What's the deal with Dell's frequent but very limited sales?
FireWire
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2013, 11:45 PM

I'm in the market for a new monitor and I was looking at Dell's site. I set my eyes on the 2713 and I noticed it had a good deal a few days ago. There was no end date so I figured it would be there for a while. The next day the deal was gone and the price was back to 799$. A few days later, there was another deal, a bit more expensive than the first one but still a good deal. Same story, the next day it was gone.. What is this? A kind of lottery? Need it on monday: jackpot! Need it on tuesday: sucker! Is it always like this? If at least they would write the date the deal ends like any normal company...

mindwaves
Nov 18, 2013, 03:30 AM

I think it is because they only have a limited supply of them. Maybe a bunch of customers returned them or something. The deal ends when they sell out. And the cycle repeats.

P
Nov 18, 2013, 03:55 AM

They've always done this. I think the point is to try to drag in the deal seekers and then charge for BTO upgrades.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

andi*pandi
Nov 18, 2013, 11:23 AM

I bet you it is a marketing experiment.

FireWire  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2013, 03:09 AM

Got it for 519$, yippie! I think the promotion is running for another day, if you're interested! I don't think it'll get any lower! I briefly considered an Apple monitor since you can get refurbs at around the same price, but at this price it's unbeatable, plus the hub is USB 3.0 instead of 2, and there's more input option if I want to connect a pcDuino or a console in the future.

Forum Links
Forum Rules