Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 15" is about to ship!

15" is about to ship! (Page 2)
TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 25, 2003, 05:13 PM

Finally, it has left Taiwan!

I just called FedEx. They blamed it on some kind of mechanical delay, but said that it has now left Taiwan, but this info hasn't made it on the web tracking page. They also estimated delivery next Monday.

jendmb34
Nov 25, 2003, 05:53 PM

i think they may have told me mechanical as well. maintenance makes no sense. i hope mine's on board with yours!

i was really hoping to get it by this saturday. here's to hopin!

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 25, 2003, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by jendmb34:
i was really hoping to get it by this saturday. here's to hopin!
BTW, does FedEx deliver on Saturday, and/or does it depend on location?

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2003, 10:07 PM

I hate to ruin the parade, but although I am very happy with my 15" I must admit that mine suffers from the "Dark corner" problem, where the lower right hand-side of the display is darker than the rest - Apparently this is a known issue and Apple aready has a fix for it, but I will have to send my Powerbook back for repair (which means that I will be without it for a few weeks). The issue is not that bad, so I am not geing to send it in now, I will probably do it after Xmas holidays...

Good lord Apple, What is going on???
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

machem
Forum Regular
Nov 26, 2003, 04:20 AM

Originally posted by hadocon:
I hate to ruin the parade, but although I am very happy with my 15" I must admit that mine suffers from the "Dark corner" problem, where the lower right hand-side of the display is darker than the rest - Apparently this is a known issue and Apple aready has a fix for it, but I will have to send my Powerbook back for repair (which means that I will be without it for a few weeks). The issue is not that bad, so I am not geing to send it in now, I will probably do it after Xmas holidays...

Good lord Apple, What is going on???
Really, they said "known issue"? My brand -new replacement machine is sans spots, but does have a very slight darkening in the right lower corner (smaller than a dock icon, for example). Will it get worse?

blech.
1.25GHz 1024M SD 15" AlBook

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 26, 2003, 12:29 PM

Originally posted by hadocon:
I hate to ruin the parade, but although I am very happy with my 15" I must admit that mine suffers from the "Dark corner" problem, where the lower right hand-side of the display is darker than the rest ...
Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get it straightened out in due time. It's kinda scary ordering two laptops � that doubles our chances of getting a defective unit. We're still hoping though that we won't have any problems. Time will tell!

Regarding the FedEx tracking page, I've given up at this point on it providing up-to-date info. The page hasn't been update in a long time; the page still says it's in Taiwan!

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 26, 2003, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by TribeLeader:
BTW, does FedEx deliver on Saturday, and/or does it depend on location?
The provide the answer to my own question, click here.

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 26, 2003, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by TribeLeader:
They ... estimated delivery next Monday.
I just called FedEx since the webpage isn't being updated any more. Estimated delivery has been moved up to this Friday now. Looks like I might get to play with it over the weekend!

jendmb34
Nov 27, 2003, 09:48 AM

nice!

Nov 27, 2003 1:59 am Arrived at Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS IN

Nov 26, 2003 5:52 pm Left FedEx Sort Facility ANCHORAGE AK

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2003, 10:22 AM

nice!

Nov 27, 2003 1:59 am Arrived at Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS IN

Nov 26, 2003 5:52 pm Left FedEx Sort Facility ANCHORAGE AK
I see ours are still traveling together! Hopefully, they'll arrive tomorrow.

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2003, 10:32 AM

Hey, jenbmb, does your webpage list an estimated delivery time? Mine still does not, but when I called FedEx's automated system yesterday, they gave me an estimated delivery of Friday. I just called this morning received no estimated delivery information. Just curious what info you might have.

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2003, 09:10 AM

Nov 28, 2003 5:27 am Arrived at FedEx Ramp PITTSBURGH PA

3:20 am Left FedEx Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS IN

FedEx says it will be here by 10:30 today! We'll see. And I'll let you know how we make out!

jendmb34
Nov 28, 2003, 09:58 AM

there's no estimated time of delivery on the website, but...

Nov 28, 2003 7:47 am Arrived at FedEx Destination Location

it's at my closest FedEx center, so i think it should be here today!

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2003, 11:30 AM

[B]there's no estimated time of delivery on the website, but...
Actually, there was no estimated delivery listed on my page, either, so I called them because my wife and I had plans to be out today. I'm hanging around a little while waiting for the delivery. It's supposed to be here by now (it's 10:30); hopefully it won't be long.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to unpack and play with it till after 3:00 pm when I get back.

BTW, my tracking page now says that as of 8:39 am, it's "On FedEx vehicle for delivery."

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2003, 05:16 PM

It's here! I'll unpack it in a little while, and give a report as soon as I can.

jendmb34
Nov 28, 2003, 09:46 PM

got it this morning at 10:15.

i just got it up and runnning.

it's beautiful

jamester
Forum Regular
Nov 28, 2003, 09:53 PM

YAY!! I'm so glad you guys got your PB's! Please do keep us updated
2.4GHz Macbook. 22" LCD. External 640GB HD. Yum.

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2003, 04:26 PM

This is my first ever post on a Mac! As I said earlier, I got my PB yesterday -- actually my wife's and mine came at the same time even though they were separate educational orders! So, we've had double the fun!

I'll give a full "switcher's report" a little later, but for now, I'll just say that everything, in terms of set-up, has been a breeze so far. In fact, I just set-up our PBs on an AirPort Extreme wireless network (first time ever)! Awesome.

So far, everything appears to be working, and *both* LCD screens look great -- hopefully they stay that way!

Anyway, as I said, I'll give a full report later after I've had more time with it. My first impression, though, is that I love it!

Forum Links
Forum Rules