Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The person most exemplary of batsh*t crazy

View Poll Results: Batsh*t crazy
Poll Options:
Michelle Bachmann 5 votes (11.11%)
Glenn Beck 19 votes (42.22%)
Christine O'Donnell 1 votes (2.22%)
Sarah Palin 7 votes (15.56%)
Keith Oibermann 11 votes (24.44%)
Sharron Angle 0 votes (0%)
Glen Urquhart 0 votes (0%)
Carl Paladino 1 votes (2.22%)
Louis Gohmert 1 votes (2.22%)
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll
The person most exemplary of batsh*t crazy (Page 7)
besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post

How about cutting the spending, and repeal some of the worst offenders. The policies that are killing energy jobs except for the bogus, poorly thought out green jobs need to be repealed. How about less dependence on foreign oil? Pipelines? Jobs? Remove the unions and make all states "Right to Work." Companies already have a plan to punish the lower paid stooges who mostly voted for Owe-bama. Cut their hours to 35 a week, and let them pay their own health insurance costs. $2700 bucks a year isn't so much right? Its lame that the ONLY solution Barry knows is raise taxes. Shallow and clueless stooge.
Where does $2700 come from? That would buy 3 months or so of comprehensive health care coverage.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2012, 12:30 PM

His BS didn't work last term.
Really?

Wasn't he the guy who just got re-elected?

Did you miss something there?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2012, 03:53 PM

Agreed. His BS most certainly did work.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2012, 06:49 AM

And those jobs? Still none.

Housing starts? NOPE.

Economy fixed? Nope, didn't try. too busy campaigning.

He spewed a lot of BS, but that's it. Results? none.

You may have been fooled by his BS but that is your fault.

Dork.
Professional Poster
May 29, 2013, 07:31 AM

Goodbye, Michele!

You are so batshit crazy, you set the standard. We will need to find another standard-bearer after the next election....

auto_immune
Dedicated MacNNer
May 29, 2013, 11:49 PM

I have always wondered - what is the difference between batshit crazy and normal garden variety crazy?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2013, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by auto_immune View Post
I have always wondered - what is the difference between batshit crazy and normal garden variety crazy?
The person making the disparaging comments.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 18, 2013, 05:12 PM

It would appear we have a new contender for the title ....

"Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful,” said Burgess, a former obstetrician-gynecologist. “They stroke their face. If they’re a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?”
Rep. Michael Burgess Says 15-Week-Old Male Fetuses Pleasure Themselves - ABC News

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
May 8, 2014, 01:48 PM

Oh yeah, Cliven Bundy.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 8, 2014, 02:08 PM

This thread makes me feel better that I'm not the only connoisseur of crazy. Cliven Bundy indeed!

BadKosh
Professional Poster
May 8, 2014, 03:11 PM

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi should be on that list as delusional liars.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 24, 2014, 02:53 PM

I don't think this asshole has an entry in the thread, but he sure as hell deserves one.

Gohmert: Gays Shouldn’t Serve in Military Because They’d Just Be ‘Getting Massages All Day’ | Mediaite
I’ve had people say, “Hey, you know, there’s nothing wrong with gays in the military. Look at the Greeks.” Well, you know, they did have people come along who they loved that was the same sex and would give them massages before they went into battle. But you know what, it’s a different kind of fighting, it’s a different kind of war and if you’re sitting around getting massages all day ready to go into the big, planned battle, then you’re not going to last very long. It’s guerrilla fighting. You are going to be ultimately vulnerable to terrorism and, you know, if that’s what you start doing in the military like the Greeks did, as people have said, “Louie, you have got to understand, you don’t even know your history.” Oh, yes, I do. I know exactly. It’s not a good idea.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2014, 02:58 PM

I would think massages would be good for soldiers, they'd definitely cut down on stress and combat fatigue. At least they should.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 24, 2014, 03:02 PM

Is "massage" like, code?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 24, 2014, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Is "massage" like, code?
A dog-whistle of sorts? Possibly, though it didn't occur to me.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 24, 2014, 03:07 PM

No... I mean is it code for "handjob"?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2014, 03:12 PM

those would cut down on stress too, FYI.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2014, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I don't think this asshole has an entry in the thread, but he sure as hell deserves one.

Gohmert: Gays Shouldn’t Serve in Military Because They’d Just Be ‘Getting Massages All Day’ | Mediaite
Oh Louis "Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus!" Gohmert has been a full-fledged member of the thread's "batsh*t crazy" club from the beginning. Here's a little gem I posted about him about 3 years ago ...

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 24, 2014, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Oh Louis "Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus!" Gohmert has been a full-fledged member of the thread's "batsh*t crazy" club from the beginning. Here's a little gem I posted about him about 3 years ago ...

OAW
I noticed he was in the poll when I closed the tab, but thanks for the actual post. Democracy. You can't live without it, you can't live with the batshit crazy people that accurately reflect a segment of the population that voted them in.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 24, 2014, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
No... I mean is it code for "handjob"?
If it was, I do think that's a dig whistle. A massage can be non-sexual, but I think you're right, he's alluding to sexual deviancy.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 25, 2014, 12:29 AM

Just to revisit some past crazy, I still like Basil Marceaux:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hvaeHllwtw

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 2014, 02:16 AM

I listened to a lot of Basil's "speeches" (good comedic value there) and 99% of the time he's absolutely out of his f***ing mind... and then, out of the blue, he'll say something that's brilliant and thought-provoking. I don't think it's an act, he is as nutty as squirrel shit, but because of that, every once in a while the pair of marbles in his head collide to produce a spark. Such as, he was for gay marriage. Why? "Because marriage is so terrible that they'll try it once and then decide to never do it again."

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 23, 2015, 02:35 PM

I try not to post everything little thing in here, but we have a trio of stupidity, including two presidential candidates, so let 'er rip.

Michele Bachmann: The Rapture Is Coming And It's Obama's Fault
“We in our lifetimes potentially could see Jesus Christ returning to earth and the rapture of the church,” Bachmann said. “We see the destruction, but this was a destruction that was foretold.”
Wait, Christians don't want the Rapture?

"Barack Obama is intent. It is his number one goal to ensure that Iran has a nuclear weapon.”
---

Rick Santorum: Obama Established A Secular Theocracy | Right Wing Watch
For the first time in the history of our country, the government is attacking people, prosecuting people, calling for people to be rehabilitated,
This is true, excepting blacks, indians, japanese-americans, and the mentally retarded.

So we have the state establishing a new religion, a secular state religion, a secular orthodoxy that everybody is going to have to comply with.
Secular religion. That makes sense.

---

Speaking of theocracies...
Huckabee: Administration 'hostility' toward Christians - CNNPolitics.com
"I'd wait a couple of years until we get a new commander-in-chief that will once again believe 'one nation under God'
You know that thing we added under the panic of the red scare

and believe that people of faith should be a vital part of the process of … governing this country
That is how you start a theocracy.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Apr 24, 2015, 08:14 AM

Do you think those three are genuine, or just being paid to promote these sorts of positions?

Sometimes I wonder if these people realize that their arguments are shitty, but don't care because they are enough to appeal to a certain audience.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 24, 2015, 09:10 AM

Where religion is involved heavily, its usually genuine.

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 29, 2015, 11:27 AM

It's genuine, but you can't ignore these people are playing identity politics.

The more out-there they get, the stronger they establish their identity.

So, in a sense, people do pay them to say these things. The more they prove they're true believers, the more true believers they get ponying up contributions.

Think of them as physical manifestations of tumblr.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 29, 2015, 11:39 AM

I might accept that premise with Huckabee, that he's stretching his convictions, but not with regards to Bachmann or Santorum. Their crazy is too consistent. The thing with saying crazy shit is that eventually you get caught being sane on something. Like opposing gay marriage not opposing actually attending a gay wedding.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 30, 2015, 10:30 AM

A perfect contrast to this is Ted Cruz, who's moves are clearly politically calculated. His craziest comment in recent memory was (paraphrasing) that 9/11 made him change his taste in music from rock to country. But that's not 'batshit crazy.'

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Apr 30, 2015, 10:33 AM

I know this pisses off the right wingers here to say this, but it is plainly evident that the crazies on the right outnumber the left, and that is telling. I'm not suggesting this is something inherent in right wing ideology, but this is just the way things are right now. I'm sure some day it will be the reverse.

Maybe some of this relates to Fox News' business model, I don't know...

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 30, 2015, 10:45 AM

Religion plays a large part in the comments we're finding 'batshit crazy'. As such, it's no surprise the godless heathens on the left come up lacking in that regard.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2015, 11:30 AM

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 30, 2015, 11:34 AM

You may want to recheck the list of threads in the PL. It's hiding in there.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2015, 11:46 AM

^^^

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2016, 03:30 PM

When Beyoncé released “Lemonade” over the weekend, we all rejoiced, but a right-wing conspiracy theorist has emerged to tell us that our joy is in vain, because apparently “Lemonade” is just the beginnings of a CIA plot to start a “race war.”

Info Wars founder Alex Jones declared in his own Facebook clip that he had an “over the top, important report” to give, in which he pointed to one particular moment in “Lemonade” that he claimed was supporting “urban terrorism.”

The clip involved a moment when Beyoncé walked down a street smashing the windows of cars with a baseball bat as the lyrics describe how her man has betrayed her. According to Jones, this moment of anger and passion is just terrorism that has been purposefully engineered as part of a CIA plot “so young people go out and act like maniacs and try to start a race war in this country.”

Jones said that “Lemonade” was just part of a pattern for the famous singer, citing her “Formation” performance at the halftime show for Super Bowl 50, which he described as having “purposely portrayed police in a negative light.”

Jones went on to claim that the CIA-Beyoncé-FOX-Viacom syndicate was funded by government elites, though he did not go on to give specific reasons for why these elites would want to start a race war in the first place.
Alex Jones: Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ a CIA plot to start ‘urban terrorism’ and ‘race war’ | theGrio

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 26, 2016, 03:45 PM

Alex Jones is the Michael Jordan of batshit crazy. I move to disqualify him from the thread.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2016, 05:11 PM

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi should be on that list as delusional liars.
Didn't you get the memo? Only classical liberals, libertarians, conservatives and republicans are "batsh*t crazy".

(Of course it shouldn't come as any surprise that this sort of uncivilized name calling is perpetuated by the supporters of the side of politics which advocates the policies of Lenin, Stalin, Mao, PolPot and Hitler).
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Apr 26, 2016 at 05:40 PM. )

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2016, 05:17 PM

If you want to make a case that Reid and Pelosi are batshit crazy, please feel free, but you'd probably best note that this this thread very clearly states that this is about batshit crazy, not lying.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 26, 2016, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a View Post
Didn't you get the memo? Only classical liberals, libertarians, conservatives and republicans are "batsh*t crazy".

(Of course it shouldn't come as any surprise that this sort of uncivilized name calling is perpetuated by the supporters of the side of politics which advocates the policies of Lenin, Stalin, Mao, PolPot and Hitler).
Feel free to participate if you find the line-up lacked nag. Well even give you bonus points if you do it in non-video form.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 22, 2016, 12:05 PM

Ben Carson said Trumps keep d grew up disadvantaged because they were rich.

Also Jill Stein is the perfect example of liberal lunacy.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 2, 2016, 09:53 AM

Jill Stein said we have to protect our kids brains from wi-fi

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2016, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Jill Stein said we have to protect our kids brains from wi-fi
Okay... what exactly is she saying?

If I had a kid, I'm not putting an access point under their pillow.

It's like the old joke... we've already determined what you are, we're only negotiating price cumulative exposure.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2016, 01:17 PM

My daughter said she can hear the wifi hotspots all over the house, and sure enough when I get really close they do put off an "off-station" sqweel of sorts, like you'd hear from a transistor radio. Worse are the digital cell boosters, those are loud enough that even my much older ears can pick up on them. I ended up moving those outside and that's improved things substantially.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 7, 2017, 11:03 AM

Ben Carson reappears

Dork.
Professional Poster
Mar 20, 2017, 08:51 PM

So now that we have a new President, we get to recalibrate the scale, right? 1 Bachmann is still the main unit of measure, of course. Once a unit of measure is standardized, it's hard to change, just ask these guys.

But in the age of Trump, 1 Bachmann's worth of batshit crazy seems kind of quaint and old-fashioned.

Could 1 Trump be equal to 100 Bachmanns? That would make 1 Bachmann equal to a cT, or centi-Trump. Seems fitting....

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Mar 20, 2017, 11:48 PM

Given the rest of the world thought you couldn't possibly be mad enough to re-elect Bush, then failed to learn from that mistake and thought you couldn't possibly be mad enough to elect Trump, what could possibly be next/worse?

Charles Manson 2024?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

andi*pandi
Mar 22, 2017, 12:12 PM

And Sarah Palin proves she's still in the running, by criticizing a football player who donated money to Meals on Wheels. How dare he!

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2017, 06:34 PM

He has to do something, few NFL teams will touch him with a 50' cattle prod.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 26, 2017, 05:20 PM

For your viewing pleasure, I present morons on the far Right who believe that in 1933 the USA reorganized as a corporation founded on Maritime Admiralty Law (you're actually a shipping vessel and don't even know it). Also, you can cash in your birth certificate to pay all your debt, because every citizen is worth millions of $$, based on your valuation in the US "corporation" (and your birth certificate is essentially a single share of common stock in said maritime corp).

Doc HM
Professional Poster
Mar 26, 2017, 06:07 PM

We have had these billboards popping up all over the UK for a while now although they seem to have run out of money as they seem to be vanishing.

Same kind of madness! You get legally registered as the property of the crown at birth. etc tin foil hat etc.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 12, 2017, 01:29 PM

Losing count of how many times Pelosi has called Trump Bush.
45/47

Forum Links
Forum Rules