Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Replacement on its way :) - 1 Question....

Replacement on its way :) - 1 Question....
VividWire
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2006, 03:07 PM

After calling apple support about the mooing, discolouration and random-shut offs on my mcabook they kindly asked if I would like a replacement which they will be sending out at the begining of next week.

Any idea how long it will take to get to me? I didnt get a tracking number or anything. (I am UK based).

When I first ordered the macbook it took about 3 weeks to get here, I really hope it doesnt take that long again.

Hopefully this new macbook will have no problems.

LazyRosy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2006, 03:28 PM

I've had to do this twice...Apple will need to receive your defective unit at their warehouse (not sure if that would be somewhere in the UK or California where I sent mine...it took a full week for it to get there via FedEx) before they'll release your new unit. Mine arrived two weeks from the date Apple receive the old one, so, three weeks turnaround, all together.
Good luck with the replacement.

VividWire  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2006, 03:57 PM

Thanks for the reply, i orginaly sent in my unit on thursday and it got to the repair centre the next day, that same day after I got home from work I got a phonecall saying they had a look at the defects and apple would send me a replacement, the place it was sent to was somewhere called amsys. Not sure if they have to send it back to holland where it originaly came from first?

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2006, 04:46 PM

Just to clarify: Apple do not need to recieve the old unit before shipping the new unit - both happen independantly.

Anyway, I have had a total of 3 MacBooks from Apple, and nearly all have taken about 6 days to reach me
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 13, 2006, 06:47 PM

I want a free MacBook from Apple

LazyRosy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2006, 09:15 PM

It's possible Apple does things differently in the US but they did advise me of that and my apple.com order screen noted the requirement as well. Also, mine originally came from China (custom built) so maybe that impacted the process.
Again, hope you have better luck with the replacement.

joebells
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2006, 10:25 PM

all of you getting replacements from apple for your macbooks are you getting brand new retail units? In the retail box and such or are you just getting refurb units? I really hope I'm not getting a refurb unit.

Forum Links
Forum Rules