Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Tibook can't sleep! Insomnia!

Tibook can't sleep! Insomnia!
ronchoy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2001, 02:04 AM

Inn-SOMM-mnia!
My new tibook screen lost its ability for sleep. The system sleeps but the display stays wide awake, going to full briteness with colored vertical bands and a slow creeping blobby shadow from the right. After deleting energy mgr. preferences several times, and running TechTool to rebuild the desktop, Disk Warrior restored sleep for a while, waking with screen of ugly black 1/4" horizontal bars before wakeup completely. Now, it's back to brite screen. -ron

[ 07-01-2001: Message edited by: ronchoy ]
ron

webbery
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 5, 2001, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by ronchoy:
<STRONG>Inn-SOMM-mnia!
My new tibook screen lost its ability for sleep. The system sleeps but the display stays wide awake, going to full briteness with colored vertical bands and a slow creeping blobby shadow from the right. After deleting energy mgr. preferences several times, and running TechTool to rebuild the desktop, Disk Warrior restored sleep for a while, waking with screen of ugly black 1/4" horizontal bars before wakeup completely. Now, it's back to brite screen. -ron

[ 07-01-2001: Message edited by: ronchoy ]</STRONG>
Ugh - send it back to Apple!

Circa
Senior User
Jul 5, 2001, 03:39 PM

That is freaky! Sounds like you have a sick Ti on you hands. Yes please do send it back to apple.[/LIST]
Circa

ronchoy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 8, 2001, 10:39 PM

I talked to Apple. Seems to be extension conflict. With 9.1 extensions only, sleep is correct. Turn on even one other extension, any kind, and sleep becomes abnormal again. However, I do get an occasional dark screen sleep, with wakeup showing momentary screen of 1/4" horizontal bars. I think I should reinstall? or restore?? 9.1 again.
Computers are strange... -ronchoy
ron

romeosc
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2001, 11:34 PM

Originally posted by ronchoy:
<STRONG>I talked to Apple. Seems to be extension conflict. With 9.1 extensions only, sleep is correct. Turn on even one other extension, any kind, and sleep becomes abnormal again. However, I do get an occasional dark screen sleep, with wakeup showing momentary screen of 1/4" horizontal bars. I think I should reinstall? or restore?? 9.1 again.
Computers are strange... -ronchoy</STRONG>
I would do a clean install!

Forum Links
Forum Rules