Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Apple stores in San Antonio

Apple stores in San Antonio
Uday
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2004, 02:36 PM

I am off to San Antonio next week and want to know what the best stores for Mac hardware and software can be found. I will be staying near the convention centre and do not wish to travel too far.

Considering the � to $ exchange rate I am sure to be tempted by something.

What would you but for around $300 if you were me.

quesera
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 18, 2004, 03:13 PM

Sadly, CompUSA seems to best fit your needs. It is located straight down 281 North, about 5 minutes from downtown. Imagiq is a good repair shop and Authorized Apple dealer. They seem to always have the latest hardware and a few non-Apple peripherals, but they are a little harder to find from downtown. You could also walk to Foley's at Rivercenter Mall and buy an Ipod. They usually also have 10-15% off coupons in the newspaper which you might be able to use. Good luck and let me know how your visit goes.

PJW
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2004, 03:24 PM

Yeah. CompUSA is your best, and possibly only bet. There are some other smaller places around town, but they're mostly repair centers.

On an up note, I noticed on the MacNN news page that an Apple Store is heading to Austin. Yay!
Your services as a citizen, we regret to inform you, are no longer required.

Uday  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2004, 05:04 PM

Thanks. At least I will be able to update my version of Quicken. We can't get Quicken for the Mac in the UK although it exists in large numbers for the PC.

Forum Links
Forum Rules