Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > DJing with the iPod

DJing with the iPod
-Q-
Jun 13, 2003, 03:36 PM

Now this is an interesting idea:

From Boing Boing:

DJ in Philly rents iPods to venues instead of spinning vinyl in person

Botany 500, a Philadelphia-based DJ, rents iPods full of custom music mixes to local restaurants, stores, and salons to play through their sound systems.

Armed with a small fleet of iPods, Porter's embarking on a one-of-a-kind business venture: filling the little mp3 players with a specially created musical catalog and renting them out to area businesses. "Instead of going in with my vinyl and DJing for four hours, I can DJ for them for the whole month." As far as he knows, he's the first to come up with this particular business model.

(...) "He makes it easier for us," says Adriatica bar manager Albert Gotto, who is glad not to have to change CDs anymore. Now finding the right mood is painless. "We can kick it up a bit after dinner. It's a very convenient service.

Peter753
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2003, 05:38 PM

Seems tempting to rent one and rip all the music onto your own comptuer. I know i would

yoyoman
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2003, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by Peter753:
Seems tempting to rent one and rip all the music onto your own comptuer. I know i would
Wondering what bit rate and_if its aac or mp3. humm. That is not a bad idea honestly. Act like you don't know any thing about computers rent one for a month with like 5 buddys so the price is devided then do it hehe.

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2003, 10:48 PM

what, and pay for music????

Lee
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

Forum Links
Forum Rules