Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Rules for hitting on women. Please add.

Rules for hitting on women. Please add. (Page 2)
Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2008, 12:07 PM

It should be noted I misread the thread title as Rules for hitting women, which is an infinitely more interest topic title.

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 12:17 PM

I am 19 years old.

I really LOVE women. (pl.)

What the fcuk is wrong with that? At least I am being honest. I am not trying to fsck as many woman as possible, rather as many as comfortable.

andi*pandi
Nov 10, 2008, 12:36 PM

ah. 19.

well then.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2008, 12:46 PM

Sex can wait... Masterbate!

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 01:30 PM

Whatever works for you, bess.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2008, 01:32 PM

One word:

Hypnosis.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Atheist
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 01:33 PM

This isn't the most politically correct thing so say... but in this regard it's much easier being a gay male. Not to say all men are sluts... but approaching another gay man for sex doesn't require all the drama. Just walk up and say "Hey, wann f*#k?". A simple yes or no and your done. No hard feelings. No dinner and a movie. Just simple uncomplicated uncommitted sex.

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 02:00 PM

Haha, I have said "you're ugly, and I am drunk, wanna fcuk?" to some chick. Didnt work. But I was drunk.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 10, 2008, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
This isn't the most politically correct thing so say... but in this regard it's much easier being a gay male. Not to say all men are sluts... but approaching another gay man for sex doesn't require all the drama. Just walk up and say "Hey, wann f*#k?". A simple yes or no and your done.
Unfortunately, that question is followed by gay sex, which is gross.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 10, 2008, 02:05 PM

Also, this thread is the epitome of swear filter evasion. I hope infractions are being thrown out left and right.

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 02:10 PM

Are you offended?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 10, 2008, 02:17 PM

Grossly.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 10, 2008, 02:19 PM

My opinion is that if you act arrogant to get chicks all the time you end up BEING arrogant as a person.

I'm 25, and I've had enough ******** for my liking and I never did anything besides act like my usual weird self. I am very confident but acting arrogant? Sorry, habits like that are hard to break.

My buddy gets ass all the time and I've noticed a huge change in his demeanor over the years. At first he was being an arrogant dick to get girls, but now he is just rapidly becoming an arrogant dick.

I personally think guys who try to f**k as many girls as possible are extremely insecure and constantly need reassurance that they are, indeed, good enough. Plus most women who are actually attracted to this kind of mindless nonsense are idiots who deserve every asshole they end up with.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I think what shifuimam is saying is that just-add-water solutions generally do not work on intelligent women, because intelligent people aren't that people.
Fixed that for ya.

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Best thing I’ve read all morning.

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
My opinion is that if you act arrogant to get chicks all the time you end up BEING arrogant as a person.

I'm 25, and I've had enough ******** for my liking and I never did anything besides act like my usual weird self. I am very confident but acting arrogant? Sorry, habits like that are hard to break.

My buddy gets ass all the time and I've noticed a huge change in his demeanor over the years. At first he was being an arrogant dick to get girls, but now he is just rapidly becoming an arrogant dick.

I personally think guys who try to f**k as many girls as possible are extremely insecure and constantly need reassurance that they are, indeed, good enough. Plus most women who are actually attracted to this kind of mindless nonsense are idiots who deserve every asshole they end up with.
From now on, I am calling you Dr. Phil.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 10, 2008, 02:50 PM

I'm not saying you are, but I know for a fact that my previously mentioned friend is incredibly insecure, even though he acts tough and arrogant. You can tell this by making fun of him and seeing him switch to the most defensive personality in existence, it's funny really.

I've always cut to the chase with girls. If they seem interested I find out how interested they are, no hooplah needed. Of course I don't really go after the chicks that spend their time at bars and clubs.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2008, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
ah. 19.

well then.
Yeah - it makes a bit more sense now. Lord knows I was horny as all get out when I was 19. My priorities have changed the older I've gotten, to be certain.

Best post of the day. A+.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2008, 03:23 PM

Why is it that most hetero guys find man on man sex gross, but not woman on woman?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2008, 03:25 PM

Why is it that most hetero guys find man on man sex gross, but not woman on woman?
Because most hetero guys don't like jazz.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2008, 03:27 PM

Way to win the hearts of MacNNers by taking a controversial position.

Hey MacNN... I'm against those things that everybody hates!

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2008, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
I think you put an 'a' where an 'i' is supposed to be.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2008, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
I'll have you know that most jazz musicians historically have been straight. The only two gay ones I know of are Chuck Mangoine and Duke Ellington.

Miles Davis was actually thought of as one of the pioneering black sex symbols of his time.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2008, 03:43 PM

Um, duh. Because hetero guys are attracted to women. Thus two women together = two things I find attractive, whereas two guys together = zero things I find attractive.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2008, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Um, duh. Because hetero guys are attracted to women. Thus two women together = two things I find attractive, whereas two guys together = zero things I find attractive.
Okay, but how many hetero women do you know of that like gay male sex?

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Yeah - it makes a bit more sense now. Lord knows I was horny as all get out when I was 19. My priorities have changed the older I've gotten, to be certain.
Oh, so when you were 19 you were an egotistical tool?

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Best.

Answer.

Ever.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2008, 03:47 PM

Okay, but how many hetero women do you know of that like gay male sex?
A few, though not as many as men who are into lesbians. My theory is that this has to do with gender roles — it's OK for a woman to wear pants, but not for a man to wear a dress. Two men going at it = girly men = not attractive to women.

(BTW, I'm not trying to say gay men are girly. I mean this is how society tends to view things.)
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2008, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by calverson View Post
What's with the attack? Does anybody who questions your wisdom on these matters deserve this, because I agreed with everything shif has said too. I don't see attracting vapid morons as some sort of proud accomplishment, because it doesn't take much to outsmart morons.

There is nothing wrong with sex for the sake of sex if that is what both partners want, but I think that you might want to think carefully about who is egotistical if you feel that every man wants to share your accomplishments, and that there is something lacking in men who do not.

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 04:04 PM

What's with the attack? Does anybody who questions your wisdom on these matters deserve this, because I agreed with everything shif has said too. I don't see attracting vapid morons as some sort of proud accomplishment, because it doesn't take much to outsmart morons.
No attack - I was berated earlier on for my views, and now it is like "LOL I was the same when I was 19 haha!!1" and I find it annoying.

And speak for yourself on the morons. I attracted a girl that had finished her first year of med science cum laude or however the fck you spell it.

There is nothing wrong with sex for the sake of sex if that is what both partners want, but I think that you might want to think carefully about who is egotistical if you feel that every man wants to share your accomplishments, and that there is something lacking in men who do not.
I am not sure from where you derive this.

Yes I am very alpha-male dominant etc. etc. and cocky and egotistical, but I think that I set that trend with my original post.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2008, 04:23 PM

No attack - I was berated earlier on for my views, and now it is like "LOL I was the same when I was 19 haha!!1" and I find it annoying.

And speak for yourself on the morons. I attracted a girl that had finished her first year of med science cum laude or however the fck you spell it.
It bothers me a little that some men share this sort of thing as if they are looking for congratulations from their peers. Smart people and morons alike can have phases where empty sex is a healthy thing for them, I don't demean that. When Shif realized that you were 19, this did change things, because looking for empty sex is typical for guys of your age, but your advice seemed to be phrased as general advice for bagging women, as if they were some sort of conquest, as if it is just a big game. My point was simply that there is nothing wrong with being disinterested in that game or being interested in more.

I've always been that "nice guy", and never really excelled at that game in high school. Still, it was very frustrating for me to hear women bitch about how "guys are creeps" when from my perspective their judgment of what makes a guy worth pursuing was severely impaired. I can't help thinking that guys who are simply looking for as much ass as they can find make life much more difficult for guys who aren't, and by potentially traumatizing women who were impaired by their poor judgment and poor decision making who wanted more, but perhaps didn't realize it or make it clear.

Like I said, I have no problems with straight forward, no nonsense empty sex, but in my experience and based on what you are describing, a lot of guys who are into this scene make a game out of being manipulative and deceptive. That part I have a little problem with.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2008, 04:46 PM

Way to spin it around like that. No, I wasn't an egotistical tool when I was 19. I was, as I've already mentioned, extremely horny. I would have humped anything that moved back then. It's been my experience that both guys and girls in their early college years (pre-20 and sometimes early 20s) tend to be a lot more sex-oriented than people in their mid-to-late 20s and beyond.

At some point, it's likely (hopefully, at least) that your priorities will shift and you'll find yourself more interested in finding a woman who will be there for you in the long run, rather than an empty "hot chick" who will just be around long enough for to you bone her before she leaves.

You're completely misreading the age comment. Your general attitude (e.g. "Here's some tips that will make you enough of an asshole to pick up a hot chick who's good for little besides sex") is better understood given your age. If you were 35 and still acting this way, we'd have a much bigger issue here. However, given that you're only 19 and have a lot of life left to experience (and a lot hormones at the moment), the situation is a little different.

And, for the record, there's a difference between "I was horny back then too" and "I was a manipulative, deceptive, arrogant price back then too". Arrogance, döuchebaggery, and manipulation for selfish gain is never acceptable, no matter what your age.

And speak for yourself on the morons. I attracted a girl that had finished her first year of med science cum laude
Do you want a gold star for that or something? Getting one girl who might be smarter than Jessica Simpson isn't saying a whole lot.

Yes I am very alpha-male dominant etc. etc. and cocky and egotistical, but I think that I set that trend with my original post.
Hah. That much is clear. Keep your arrogance in check, though. Piss off the wrong person and you might end up getting the bejeebus beat out of you.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 04:47 PM

It bothers me a little that some men share this sort of thing as if they are looking for congratulations from their peers. Smart people and morons alike can have phases where empty sex is a healthy thing for them, I don't demean that. When Shif realized that you were 19, this did change things, because looking for empty sex is typical for guys of your age, but your advice seemed to be phrased as general advice for bagging women, as if they were some sort of conquest, as if it is just a big game.
Well, for me it is. I have found that certain things work when it comes to women, and most people agree.

Fine. Well, then this thread should be changed to "Advice for people looking to pick up women for empty sex". Mods?

I've always been that "virgin", and never really excelled at that game in high school.
Fixed

Still, it was very frustrating for me to hear women bitch about how "guys are creeps" when from my perspective their judgment of what makes a guy worth pursuing was severely impaired. I can't help thinking that guys who are simply looking for as much ass as they can find make life much more difficult for guys who aren't, and by potentially traumatizing women who were impaired by their poor judgment and poor decision making who wanted more, but perhaps didn't realize it or make it clear.

Like I said, I have no problems with straight forward, no nonsense empty sex, but in my experience and based on what you are describing, a lot of guys who are into this scene make a game out of being manipulative and deceptive. That part I have a little problem with.
Listen, I have no problem with what you say. I realize that I am an asshole, and I honestly try and not find girls who I am going to derange by playing them. My target market is (but not limited to) women between the ages of 27 - 35 who are looking for some young guy to f*ck their brains out for a night, without any attachments.

However, I do not lie (except about my age sometimes), and I do not try and manipulate women. I simply act in a certain way that increases the chances of getting some.

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 04:57 PM

Way to spin it around like that. No, I wasn't an egotistical tool when I was 19. I was, as I've already mentioned, extremely horny. I would have humped anything that moved back then. It's been my experience that both guys and girls in their early college years (pre-20 and sometimes early 20s) tend to be a lot more sex-oriented than people in their mid-to-late 20s and beyond.
Okay, understood, and what you say is true. I just hate being patronized, and I will respond badly.

At some point, it's likely (hopefully, at least) that your priorities will shift and you'll find yourself more interested in finding a woman who will be there for you in the long run, rather than an empty "hot chick" who will just be around long enough for to you bone her before she leaves.
Probably.

You're completely misreading the age comment. Your general attitude (e.g. "Here's some tips that will make you enough of an asshole to pick up a hot chick who's good for little besides sex") is better understood given your age. If you were 35 and still acting this way, we'd have a much bigger issue here. However, given that you're only 19 and have a lot of life left to experience (and a lot hormones at the moment), the situation is a little different.
Right, I agree. But again, don't patronize me. This is not a thread about when guys mature. Save your psychoanalysis for Dr. Phil or someone that gives a **** about what you think men should act at what age.

Do you want a gold star for that or something? Getting one girl who might be smarter than Jessica Simpson isn't saying a whole lot.
So anyone smarter than Jessica Simpson could pass first year med school? I beg to differ.

Hah. That much is clear. Keep your arrogance in check, though. Piss off the wrong person and you might end up getting the bejeebus beat out of you.
I would not hit on a girl that could beat the bejeebus out of me.

I grow tired of debating this point.

I understand yours, and you are correct. Peace.

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 05:37 PM

Simple, as far as I know, lesbian sex doesn’t involve poking the pooper, that’s why woman-woman sex isn’t gross.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2008, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by iMOTOR View Post
Simple, as far as I know, lesbian sex doesn’t involve poking the pooper, that’s why woman-woman sex isn’t gross.
Would the gay male sex be gross if no pooper poking was involved?

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 05:49 PM

Unless there is a dildo involved.

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 06:21 PM

Would the gay male sex be gross if no pooper poking was involved?
Without poopie poking, what’s left? Touching wieners?

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 10, 2008, 07:14 PM

Without poopie poking, what’s left? Touching wieners?
Oral?

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2008, 07:39 PM

I'm surprised that Salty hasn't found this thread yet. Is he still around?

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 10, 2008, 07:59 PM

He seems to be MIA. No, I don't mean ‘Missing In Anal’, you sickos!

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 11, 2008, 01:57 AM

This thread started with advice from a dude that may be too young to give it to a group as diverse as the lounge. Sure, be funny and confident. That's surefire in any situation.

Act rich? Not if you're not! Where are you going to take them when you leave the club/bar/restaurant/movie/whatever? A rented castle? It's best they know I don't even have enough money to buy her and her hot-legged friend a round of drinks. I've done okay.

I don't hit on girls, there's a type of dude to fill that role and that's fine. I'm not really him. If I'm in a situation where I'm slightly overcome with omg then I may try to put her in my pocket via some quick quips and witty banter.

Dudes that go out for the evening working the bar for chicks like a couple of velocaraptors make me laugh(not saying that's anyone here). That type of thing is way high key for me, I'd much rather sit around and talk trash if I'm at a bar or club. Granted, I'm older, but I've always been this way.

When it comes to girls that I may like to hang out with on a frequent basis, I find a combination of looks and intelligence to be equally desirable. I'm not talking about "med school" smarts either. Heck Med school girls are the most willing to provide a quick road piece in the absence of a good four post bed. I'm generalizing of course. Cum laude, haha.

I know I'm quite a bit older than the OP but his advice seems suited to an audience I can't exactly pinpoint.

ice

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 11, 2008, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
It isnt about being rich or poor, its about class - which explains why british and american girls fall for british guys, and neither fall for american guys. sweeping statement probably wrong
American guys, as a whole, lack class? Even as a sweeping generalization, I did not know that. I don't know any american girls that are currently dating british blokes, but that's probably because they're having to settle - being in the states and all!
ice

Rumor
Nov 11, 2008, 02:35 AM

Tell them you know the Venus Butterfly.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

sdilley14
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2008, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
This thread started with advice from a dude that may be too young to give it to a group as diverse as the lounge. Sure, be funny and confident. That's surefire in any situation.

Act rich? Not if you're not! Where are you going to take them when you leave the club/bar/restaurant/movie/whatever? A rented castle? It's best they know I don't even have enough money to buy her and her hot-legged friend a round of drinks. I've done okay.

I don't hit on girls, there's a type of dude to fill that role and that's fine. I'm not really him. If I'm in a situation where I'm slightly overcome with omg then I may try to put her in my pocket via some quick quips and witty banter.

Dudes that go out for the evening working the bar for chicks like a couple of velocaraptors make me laugh(not saying that's anyone here). That type of thing is way high key for me, I'd much rather sit around and talk trash if I'm at a bar or club. Granted, I'm older, but I've always been this way.

When it comes to girls that I may like to hang out with on a frequent basis, I find a combination of looks and intelligence to be equally desirable. I'm not talking about "med school" smarts either. Heck Med school girls are the most willing to provide a quick road piece in the absence of a good four post bed. I'm generalizing of course. Cum laude, haha.

I know I'm quite a bit older than the OP but his advice seems suited to an audience I can't exactly pinpoint.

Ugggh, that picture makes me want to throw up.

I can relate to the rest of your post though.
2.3 GHz Intel i5 MacBook Pro
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2008, 06:33 AM

IceEnclosure, you are right. I should stick to photoshopped photos of women with subarus tattooed on the,

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 11, 2008, 09:16 AM

For the ancient among us, I'm suddenly reminded of Mtvs Sex in the 90s "documentaries". In one of them they had these two guys who were all about the art of picking up chicks... and they were the biggest jokes on the face of the earth. Fake tans, open-chested shirts, and a rape van to boot.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 11, 2008, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
For the ancient among us, I'm suddenly reminded of Mtvs Sex in the 90s "documentaries". In one of them they had these two guys who were all about the art of picking up chicks... and they were the biggest jokes on the face of the earth. Fake tans, open-chested shirts, and a rape van to boot.
Sex in the ’90s? As in the 1990s? Yeah, you certainly are ancient!

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 11, 2008, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
"Ey fuggedaboudit, I bring a spare outfit to the club just in case somebody's wearin tha same thing - BOOM - I'm out in the van, changed up, real nice"

"How's my tan? Sick, sick. Wha bout me? Psh, c'mon!"

"Blonde, all you.. Brown, beggin, beggin"

----------

Yes, I remember too.
ice

Super Mario
Nov 11, 2008, 09:37 AM

I don't hit on women. Don't need to. If you need to then you're either 16 or ugly haha
( Last edited by Super Mario; Jan 10, 2018 at 02:22 PM. )

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 11, 2008, 09:37 AM

IceEnclosure, you are right. I should stick to photoshopped photos of women with subarus tattooed on the,
No, you shouldn't stick to them. You should shower, and thusly you won't be sticky. See, these are the things man...
ice

Forum Links
Forum Rules