Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Bug with Disk Utility OR Am I just too much of a newb?

Bug with Disk Utility OR Am I just too much of a newb?
uv23
Forum Regular
Nov 30, 2003, 04:18 PM

Hi everyone, newbie switcher here, barely a week old. I was using Disk Utility today on my new 12" PB and encountered a replicable problem. I was making disk images from a couple CDs then burning them. After making the .cdr disk image and ejecting the original CD, I clicked on the new image and then clicked on the "Burn" icon. As expected, a dialog came up asking me to insert a blank CDR. Now, I had a bunch of CDs together in a pile that I assumed were all blank. But as it turns out, a couple of them had already been burned with audio. So I put one of the CDs in, and it turned out it was one of these disks with audio on it. I proceeded to eject the disk by dragging it from the desktop to the trash. It dissapeared from the desktop (and the finder) but it didn't actually eject, and I had to force quit Disk Utility. I then had to restart the book in order to eject the disk. This happened twice. The second time I tried to eject it by using the eject icon in the Finder; as with dragging it from the desktop to the trash, the icon for the CD dissapeared but it didn't actually eject.

So, is this a known bug? Is this something that I should report somewhere? Am I just a newb? Cheers.

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2003, 04:26 PM

Sounds like a bug. You can report it here:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/newbie/
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

uv23  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 30, 2003, 04:33 PM

Cheers, I reported it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules