Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just received my boogbags PowerSleeve 12, review within.

Just received my boogbags PowerSleeve 12, review within.
uv23
Forum Regular
Dec 3, 2003, 03:34 PM

First off, I have to say that this was the single fastest ecommerce experience I've ever had. Within 15 minutes of ordering the bag ($40US) on Monday around noon, I received a confirmation that it had been shipped with a tracking number. This is unheard of. I'm used to stuff shipping at the earliest, one full day after placing an order. It arrived here about an hour ago, so the 4-5 day Fedex -> Canada option actually took less than 2 days, which was a pleasant surprise (one that cost me $52US!!).

So, the bag itself is very nice. The build quality appears very good. The shoulder strap is a bit thin but it appears to be of high quality. My 12" PB slides in perfectly, as expected. For the most part, the bag is great. It seems like it would be quite weather resistant but I'd be concerned about carrying it around in rain or snow, as there is the possibility of it sneaking in past the sides of the flap. When weather is a concern, I'll slip the PB into the plastic sleeve that it came wrapped in from the box and then put it into the sleeve.

I was a bit dissapointed by the size of the front flap, however. In their description http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=18 booqbags say that the front flap can hold accessories such as power adapters, disks, etc. I did manage to stuff in my power adapter (excluding extension cord) with the cable wapped around the extension thingies, or my cellphone, but not both. The rear pocket might be good for a couple pieces of paper, but not much else.

So, in conclusion, great buying experience, and a very nice bag but certainly on the minimalist side. If you want something that you can tote around a lot of extras in, the PowerSleeve is not for you. If you want to carry around just your notebook, and maybe a pen or cellphone, then it's a good choice. Cheers.

Daracle
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2003, 03:50 PM

Thanks for the review....Good to see a local around as well.....
We should get in touch..MSN or something. I would love to talk about Apple usage in Calgary, MyMacDealer and such....

[email protected]

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2003, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the review! I'm getting ready to buy the sleeve for the 15".

Forum Links
Forum Rules