Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Line in on 12" G4 Powerbook only records mono

Line in on 12" G4 Powerbook only records mono
uv23
Forum Regular
Nov 10, 2005, 04:21 PM

So I finally decided to record some new DJ mixes, when I ran into a problem with my Rev B 12" PB. I wired a stereo RCA to stereo mini adapter cable from my mixer to the line in on my PB, but regarldess of what audio app I use, it's only recording the left channel. I have tried multiple cables and have also confirmed that the audio outputs are working correctly. Does anyone have any ideas?? Right now I'm looking at picking up some kind of USB audio recording box as a solution, as my warranty is up.

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2005, 07:29 PM

If you're looking for a quick cheap fix, just get Griffin iMic. If you need good quality, I'd get something more high end. But I'm assuming if you're trying to use the internal audio input then you're not looking for great quality to begin with.

uv23  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2005, 02:43 PM

I picked up an M-Audio USB Audiophile for ~$200CDN. Works like a charm.

Forum Links
Forum Rules