Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > How do you rate the iPod against its competitors

How do you rate the iPod against its competitors
fishtech
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 20, 2006, 11:06 AM

I am a student in the UK currently doing my dissertation about the iPod and I would be very greatful for your feedback through doing the following questionnaire:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=317972035361

Thank you in advance, your response is very much appreciated.

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 20, 2006, 11:24 AM

For music, any 3G or later iPod wins. I'm not sure about video yet, as I have a 4G iPod-and I'm not big on watching video on very small screens anyway.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 20, 2006, 01:14 PM

I think this page at Daring Fireball sums up my feelings on the subject. To summarize, the iPod has achieved a kind of critical mass that will make it very difficult for other manufacturers to beat it. Even if they come up with something that works as well and is as easy to use as the iPod (something that is apparently very hard to do, given the lame attempts by most manufacturers to "out-feature" the iPod instead of beating it where it really excels -- ease of use) these manufacturers still have to deal with the inertia of the iTunes music store.

Forum Links
Forum Rules