Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Black SIRO ?

Black SIRO ?
Me0ni6
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2004, 04:29 PM

Hi

This afternoon i browse Disloc with my SIRO theme and i was just thinking how it would rock if a black mod of SIRO does exist

Just to imagine :

I m well motivated to try something about that

What's your opinion?

ambush
Banned
Jul 27, 2004, 04:30 PM

I would so kill for that

Dave-o�
Senior User
Jul 27, 2004, 04:42 PM

Wouldn't it be Shinobi with a different shade of blue?

Me0ni6  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2004, 04:48 PM

It's not exactly what i m dreamin, this is the tiny "blue-greeny high saturation" reflection that i love so much. In that case, to fit nearly there's Jetblack but.. ...I want a black SIRO.

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2004, 04:52 PM

This is a GREAT idea! I would love it.

Me0ni6  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2004, 05:37 PM

Just a tiny button mod

kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2004, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by Me0ni6:
Hi

ust to imagine :

What's your opinion?
What is that thing on the bottom right? Does it show the current iTunes CD cover in a realistic CD case? What is it? Konfab widget?
Septuple post! Quadruple word score!

Me0ni6  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2004, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by kwyjiboy:
What is that thing on the bottom right? Does it show the current iTunes CD cover in a realistic CD case? What is it? Konfab widget?
Exactly, it's Sputnik a famous Widget you can find it here :

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 27, 2004, 06:39 PM

It would look like Omega if you ask me! Omega has (supposedly) glossy or quite glossy black surfaces, with bright, blue-green LED stuff.

And yes, it does indeed sound awesome!

We already know Daisuke is good at drak themes (NEOS), so maybe this will happen someday. I doubt he is reading this unfortunately, I did some beta testing stuff for him, and he doesn't speak English. He uses translators and stuff.

Somebody who speaks Japanese should suggest this to him, although I suspect he may already have thought of it. It may look a little too much like Omega, though. BBX may not be too happy about it.
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

mugget
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2004, 06:50 PM

i wouldn't worry about it looking like Omega. if it's just a black mod of Siro, there wouldn't be a problem.

that button mod looks good Me0ni6, but it probably needs more of a 'glow' on the black parts so that you can really see the light blue/green glow stand out from the black.

i would love to see this.

Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 27, 2004, 07:08 PM

It's impossible with the current state of SS, but I think it would be cool to keep the white backgrounds, and have all the controls be black.

fireside
Professional Poster
Jul 27, 2004, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by Ozzpot:
BBX may not be too happy about it.
aaawww. is yittle bbx going to cry because a theme is going to look like his never-seen-before theme?

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2004, 08:28 PM

Originally posted by Frisbee:
It's impossible with the current state of SS, but I think it would be cool to keep the white backgrounds, and have all the controls be black.
which part is impossible? wouldn't it come out looking similar to JetBlack?

afphreak01
Forum Regular
Jul 27, 2004, 08:56 PM

ah man, i was just thinking of something like this a few days ago...
i'm too lazy to come up with a sig

Pix0r
Forum Regular
Jul 27, 2004, 09:26 PM

efuseakay
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2004, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by Pix0r:

That's definitely the ticket!

Me0ni6  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2004, 10:15 PM

This is great Pixor, if it's your creation, i just add a little more blue to the reflections, a little.. rocks indeed

maziu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2004, 11:03 PM

You know siro means white in Japanese? So, black white?

maziu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2004, 11:07 PM

For a preview of Black Siro, hit apple-alt-ctrl-8 while using regular Siro.

Anubis IV
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 28, 2004, 12:07 AM

Originally posted by maziu:
For a preview of Black Siro, hit apple-alt-ctrl-8 while using regular Siro.
*cough*Option*cough*

Sorry, just had to add that, but I suppose the Option key does have the word Alt on it, so meh.

Anyway, I was actually thinking the same thing. As soon as I heard mention of Black SIRO I immediately went to try and remember what the specific key combo was to invert the colors.
"The captured hunter hunts your mind."
Profanity is the tool of the illiterate.

Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2004, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by codywalton:
which part is impossible? wouldn't it come out looking similar to JetBlack?
Jetblack doesn't have white backgrounds... Jetblack is, well, black.

What I'm picturing for Siro is having that part I pointed out in Jetblack be the original off-white. The buttons, popup menus, sliders, etc., would become black. But, like I said before, Shapeshifter 1.2 is not capable of this.

fireside
Professional Poster
Jul 28, 2004, 03:04 AM

Originally posted by Frisbee:
Jetblack doesn't have white backgrounds... Jetblack is, well, black.

What I'm picturing for Siro is having that part I pointed out in Jetblack be the original off-white. The buttons, popup menus, sliders, etc., would become black. But, like I said before, Shapeshifter 1.2 is not capable of this.
uhm.. its totally possible in ShapeShifter 1.2...

Pix0r
Forum Regular
Jul 28, 2004, 09:13 AM

Well, that was just a mockup. Inverted siro and modified quite a bit.

monkeybrain
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2004, 10:12 AM

I think Frisbee says it's impossible because of the text colours. Some elements would need white text and others black. Can't remember which but I had this problem when I tried to mix NEOS with Aqua.

Pix0r
Forum Regular
Jul 28, 2004, 10:25 AM

Could someone possibly send me a full screenshot (with an open finder window) sothat I could make a full mockup? My machine is in for logic board repairs so I cant do it myself.

Thanks

P.S: spam....AT....b3design.ch (without the ....AT....)
P.P.S: it would be great if the background would be a plain colour, makes it a bit easier

bbxstudio
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2004, 10:35 AM

Originally posted by fireside:
aaawww. is yittle bbx going to cry because a theme is going to look like his never-seen-before theme?
gimme a f*cking break

Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2004, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by monkeybrain:
I think Frisbee says it's impossible because of the text colours. Some elements would need white text and others black. Can't remember which but I had this problem when I tried to mix NEOS with Aqua.
Exactly. Xi-TiBook 2 has this problem. Patrice originally intended to have the text that appears on the grey background to be black, and the button text to be white, but SS doesn't work that way...

ambush
Banned
Jul 28, 2004, 12:44 PM

could someone talk to siro's creator??

Mike S.
Senior User
Jul 28, 2004, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:
gimme a f*cking break
Easy bbx; your blood pressure!

Me0ni6  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 28, 2004, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by ambush:
could someone talk to siro's creator??
If he doesn't speak a single word of english,.. seems to be difficult, my knowledge of Japanese is limited at 3 Kanji..

efuseakay
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 28, 2004, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by Me0ni6:
If he doesn't speak a single word of english,.. seems to be difficult, my knowledge of Japanese is limited at 3 Kanji..
I think all we would have to do is show him the screenshot and he would get the idea...

Hey bbx.... how is Omega doing? Let me guess.. you've added some new elements that now require ShapeShifter version 98.0937572.937356b4, right?

bbxstudio
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2004, 02:15 PM

Originally posted by efuseakay:
I think all we would have to do is show him the screenshot and he would get the idea...

Hey bbx.... how is Omega doing? Let me guess.. you've added some new elements that now require ShapeShifter version 98.0937572.937356b4, right?
eat me loser... guys like you are the reason I don't hang out here anymore (and why I'm through busting my ass trying to please the unappreciative ********s who seem to do the most clamoring around here).

bbxstudio
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2004, 02:17 PM

n

bbxstudio
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2004, 02:18 PM

redundant post

efuseakay
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 28, 2004, 02:24 PM

redundant post
Just like everything else you say.

cloudaj
Forum Regular
Jul 28, 2004, 02:29 PM

personally i see nothing wrong bbx's response; don't take crap like that. And if you are only trying to appease the assholes, you'll never succeed. Just know that there are people around here that are civil (at the very least), and who support the work you are doing. Those are the people you should be trying to please, not people like fireside (not to pick on just one person but you seem to be one of the more vocal people in the posts that i've read) who have nothing better to than berate your work on an internet forum...

VxWolfxV
Jul 28, 2004, 02:32 PM

I've been lurking for awhile now, but just recently registered. I've always appreciated bbx and i just don't understand why people get upset over a theme. He wants it to be just right when it's released, i see nothing wrong with that...

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2004, 02:39 PM

Lets piss him off enough so that he tells all mac'ers fcuk off and continues to make skins for people who pay him money on a platform we collectively hate.

Don't even bother lowering yourself to take the bottomfeeders bait bbx, there are some of us who are more then happy to wait and do appreciate your efforts, please bear that in mind.

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2004, 02:49 PM

LOL. The ghost of the Omega thread lives on!

Yeah, I wish BBX would stick around, but I understand his feelings when people are so hostile towards him. Having said that, I don't think efuseakay was being offensive, but with hindsight he should have but a or at the end of his post if he was joking!

Sometimes I think the people that do act this way towrds BBX probably want Omega the most, but like some spoilt child they don't like having to wait for it.

If we keep doing this to BBX he will turn to the dark side for good. His Skins Factory stuff is amazing, but it's all Windows. Maybe Windows users don't treat him like a c**t.
I think we a digressing dangerously...

It took me 10 minutes to write this?
( Last edited by Ozzpot; Jul 28, 2004 at 02:56 PM. )
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

Pix0r
Forum Regular
Jul 28, 2004, 03:02 PM

Why does every thread turn into a BBX hate thread... wtf?! I dont understand why people complain since I doubt complaining about Omega will make bbx release it sooner... so just shut the fsck up!

Anyway, topic was "Black Siro" last time I checked...

Makki
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2004, 03:40 PM

Why does every thread turn into a BBX hate thread... wtf?! I dont understand why people complain since I doubt complaining about Omega will make bbx release it sooner... so just shut the fsck up!

Anyway, topic was "Black Siro" last time I checked...
I could'nt have said it better myself

fireside
Professional Poster
Jul 28, 2004, 04:10 PM

gimme a f*cking break
i was actually making fun of Ozzpot, but since you're taking it so personally, i guess i can start thinking it was for you instead.

bbxstudio
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2004, 05:05 PM

Just like everything else you say.
l - o - s - e - r

bbxstudio
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2004, 05:53 PM

Why does every thread turn into a BBX hate thread... wtf?!
It's that whole shoolyard bully mentality - the 'kick a guy when he's down' thing. It's what seperates the little boys from the men - men don't do it.

Nobody hates it more than me when seemingly unrelated threads turn into the 'let's bash BBX' thing (and you'll tend to notice it's the same handful of losers taking pot shots every time)... but if I'm skipping through the forum and I come across a slap, I'm might speak up if I'm pissed-off enough - sometimes I can't help myself.

And thanks to the guys who always chime in with much needed support - we'll be the ones laughing in the end.
( Last edited by bbxstudio; Jul 28, 2004 at 06:15 PM. )

Burk3
Jul 28, 2004, 06:28 PM

Getting back to Black Siro...
Maybe it should be called whatever black is in Japanese, unless there is alrealy a theme with that name (wouldn't surprise me since I don't know much Japanese).

Also, instead of the teal glow, it should be red, to kind of go along with the invertedness. My spider sense is telling me that there was another theme that had a black with red glow thing going on too. I think it was called SR-### (### is some numbers i dont remember).

Maybe it should just have a bunch of different colored glows you can select from?
( Last edited by Burk3; Jul 28, 2004 at 06:35 PM. )

efuseakay
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 28, 2004, 06:45 PM

It's that whole shoolyard bully mentality - the 'kick a guy when he's down' thing. It's what seperates the little boys from the men - men don't do it.

Nobody hates it more than me when seemingly unrelated threads turn into the 'let's bash BBX' thing (and you'll tend to notice it's the same handful of losers taking pot shots every time)... but if I'm skipping through the forum and I come across a slap, I'm might speak up if I'm pissed-off enough - sometimes I can't help myself.

And thanks to the guys who always chime in with much needed support - we'll be the ones laughing in the end.
Hey... just don't go around promising something you have no intention of ever releasing...

Black SIRO... who wants to do it?

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2004, 06:46 PM

It's always n00bs that bring Omega up again... it's so lame.
All (well most) us veteran gui community guys are with you BBX.

I like Black Siro so far, I think some of the graphics will need to be redone so it doesn't just look like it was just inverted...
click one

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2004, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by Burk3:
Instead of the teal glow, it should be red, to kind of go along with the invertedness...
...Maybe it should just have a bunch of different colored glows you can select from?
Yeah, the red sounds cool, but it might be getting away a bit too much from Siro. I like the thought of lots of colours, though. It wouldn't take too much effort to do, I'm sure. As long as the black has 0% saturation you'd just have to hue shift.

I'd like to see green, too. We are still yet to see a decent Matrix inspired theme. By that I mean a kind of original Matrix feel; high-tech black with green highlights.

fireside
Professional Poster
Jul 28, 2004, 09:43 PM

black siro would be cool, but not ctrl-option-command-8 siro.

eFX
Jul 28, 2004, 09:46 PM

Hey... just don't go around promising something you have no intention of ever releasing...

Black SIRO... who wants to do it?
Your a prat man, you have no respect. You sound like the kind of person going about stealing kids sweets because you cant have it :/

If you had any brains at all You would have learned why its not released from the William Bart insider on MacThemes.

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
It's always n00bs that bring Omega up again... it's so lame.
All (well most) us veteran gui community guys are with you BBX.
*nod* Hate to sound like a arse but i trully hope BBX wont release it because of all these ignorant childlike people who hound bbx that have no respect for him they just dont deserve to use it.
Worse thing is aswell see when he decides it is ready all these lame jerks will suck up to him its so pathetic yet backstab him because its not ready to his liking.

Now as for black siro, i hope its not flat like that?

because right now its go no style since its just 2d, atleast get some shine onto it like the original and no lame recolours

Forum Links
Forum Rules