Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > got my K700i , picture thread as requested.

got my K700i , picture thread as requested. (Page 2)
GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2004, 02:20 PM

Originally posted by gerbnl:
Hmm, needs reanimation every single day
Whoa, sounds a bit unholy. I don't think Zimphire should go near all that black magic stuff.
Originally posted by ambush:
Yes I recently read the manifesto.
It's a good read.
It's not everyday you see "proletarian" bandied about.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 3, 2004, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by Eug Wanker:
Just what are you doing in a superficial material gadget/possession thread anyway?
Eh, you can own gadgets and have them not be something "important"

I think some people put too much importance on what you own, what you wear, etc.

Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:
He is trying to make himself feel better about himself by acting above others.

The only person that really did that in here is you.

There was nothing wrong with the original pics. I am sure he is upset he didn't meet your up to your standards of living.

SOLIDAge  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2004, 04:24 PM

i purchased this phone after saving for along time.
I work 5 jobs, and I don't cling to it like its the most important thing in the world.
It is practical for me, because i take alot of candid pictures, and lugging my camera AND my phone around was a hassle, and i figured i could do it all in one shot.

I didn't mean to offend anyone in my original post and i apologize if i did. Awhile back, i was asked to post some shots from my phone when i got it (this was in a T610 thread) and so right before going out with friends (i came home to quickly shower and such) i took afew quick (lame) pictures. Again, if anyone was offended by them...i apologize.

anyway, here are some more pictures.

( Last edited by SOLIDAge; Aug 3, 2004 at 05:14 PM. )

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Aug 4, 2004, 01:09 AM

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2004, 03:59 PM

So I don't know anything about cell phones, the bands they use, or what GSM even stands for. My question is this: Given that I have the crappy free phone that came with my T-Mobile contract, will everything be the same (i.e, work) if I upgrade to a new phone (specifically the K700)?

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2004, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by Ozmodiar:
So I don't know anything about cell phones, the bands they use, or what GSM even stands for. My question is this: Given that I have the crappy free phone that came with my T-Mobile contract, will everything be the same (i.e, work) if I upgrade to a new phone (specifically the K700)?
The K700 is a GSM world phone that uses the 1900, 900, and 1800 bands. IIRC, T-Mobile uses only 1900, and does not use the 850 band which is used by other carriers in the US (and Canada).

I'll let the Americans chime in, but if T-Mobile truly doesn't need the 850 band then the K700 would be great for you. (The only issue is if you come to Canada and T-Mobile has a roaming agreement with Rogers. Rogers uses 850 to fill in the gaps that its 1900 network has. OTOH, if T-Mobile roams with Fido in Canada, then again it won't be an issue, since Fido is exclusively 1900. In any case, 1900-only phones work just fine most of the time on Rogers anyway, since Rogers only started supporting 850 recently.)

All you have to do is buy a K700i (unlocked), and stick your SIM card in it. It will work fine right from the start. You don't even have to call T-Mobile to tell them you've switched phones.

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2004, 04:15 PM

Cool! Thanks.

milkmanchris
Forum Regular
Aug 4, 2004, 08:24 PM

Out of curiosity, what's the phone like on these things, nobody seems to have mentioned that?

Or have they done away with that function all together now :o)

12" 1.33 G4 PB 80GB 768MB .....20GB iPod

maxintosh
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2004, 10:09 PM

Originally posted by Eug Wanker:
The K700 is a GSM world phone that uses the 1900, 900, and 1800 bands. IIRC, T-Mobile uses only 1900, and does not use the 850 band which is used by other carriers in the US (and Canada).

I'll let the Americans chime in, but if T-Mobile truly doesn't need the 850 band then the K700 would be great for you. (The only issue is if you come to Canada and T-Mobile has a roaming agreement with Rogers. Rogers uses 850 to fill in the gaps that its 1900 network has. OTOH, if T-Mobile roams with Fido in Canada, then again it won't be an issue, since Fido is exclusively 1900. In any case, 1900-only phones work just fine most of the time on Rogers anyway, since Rogers only started supporting 850 recently.)

All you have to do is buy a K700i (unlocked), and stick your SIM card in it. It will work fine right from the start. You don't even have to call T-Mobile to tell them you've switched phones.
This is all true. The only caveat is the forthcoming T-Mobile/Cingular roaming agreement. If and when everything gets sorted out, you will be able to roam nationally on Cingular. However, they use the 850 MHz band in most markets.

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2004, 12:13 AM

Originally posted by milkmanchris:
Out of curiosity, what's the phone like on these things, nobody seems to have mentioned that?

Most general post of the day.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2004, 02:50 PM

SOLIDAge, SE has released the latest firmware, R2L. It apparently corrects the main bugs of the R2A firmware most of us have.
Originally posted by milkmanchris:

The RF strength of the K700i is very good. I had good reception in areas that my GF's Z200 (same carrier) has none. Sound quality is also good.

-Q-
Aug 6, 2004, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by Ozmodiar:
Yes, if you're using T-mobile it will work fine. I've been using a T-630 from Germany here in the states for quite a few months (my old phone died and I didn't want a 610). I've had no problems here in Atlanta or when I"ve travelled. The 700 should work fine for you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules