Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Platinum theme - from 10.4 tiger.

Platinum theme - from 10.4 tiger.
Zyote
Forum Regular
Oct 6, 2004, 04:07 AM

so what do you all think of it? is it real? is it fake? is it just pretty ugly!!

i'm not sure i like it yet.

you can see screenshots of it being applied to Mail.app on appleinsider (you'll need to view the user comments to see the screenshot).

it reminds me too much of longhorn, by the way it combines the titlebar and the toolbars.

siMac
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2004, 05:49 AM

Originally posted by Zyote:
the way it combines the titlebar and the toolbars.
Er, see 10.3 Finder windows, or Safari for that matter. All they've done is lose the 'brushed' part of the metal which so many people complained about.

Would people PLEASE stop saying that Tiger looks like Longhorn? Tiger looks like Panther looks like Jaguar looks like Puma...
|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

Aeolie
Oct 6, 2004, 06:01 AM

I can't understand why some of them are saying "it's ugly". I think it's completely different to Longhorn.

It's really cool theme for me. Well, people have liking, respectively, of course.

esXXI
Senior User
Oct 6, 2004, 06:16 AM

Err, do we really need an extra thread on this? What's wrong with the previous one?

mugget
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 6, 2004, 07:30 AM

when i saw the title of the thread, i thought that it was almost a new theme announcement. you've got to put the word 'discussion' in there or something...

and there's another thread? i can't see it in this forum... this is the only one i ever visit on the MacNN forums.

anyways, yes please stop saying that it looks like Longhornio, it doesn't. as siMac says, it looks like Panther looked like... etc.

anyway, who cares what the new theme looks like? i don't because i'm going to just change it anyway.

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2004, 10:40 AM

I finally saw the pictures and I don't really see the theme. It just looks like it has the extended menubar thing, already shown in other Tiger shots. Then again when one of the mailboxes selected it is all metally.
Oh yeah and the people who think it looks like longhorn are stupid douches with testicles where their eyes should be.

Ji Eun
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2004, 10:48 AM

you can enjoy this 'platinum' look already if you install the 'unleaded' theme. search around resexcellence for it i guess. i forget :/
i don't see how this could possibly be called 'platinum' though. that seems to be a silly mistake.

12" iBook 1.2ghz / 1.2gb

phillryu
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2004, 04:13 PM

Why is this such a big deal? The interface was featured in System Preferences in the dev build at WWDC, it's been in since then (the UI idea).

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2004, 04:38 PM

the pics is down .. where can i see it!!! augh!

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2004, 05:21 PM

Originally posted by Lancer409:
the pics is down .. where can i see it!!! augh!
Mister Ever-Changing-Sig you have to go to the second page of the user comments.

ender2002
Senior User
Oct 6, 2004, 05:24 PM

the ones on the user comments were remove too. does anyone have a link or site?

Ji Eun
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2004, 08:57 PM

i understand your wanting to see it, but as was just pointed out, it is not 'new'... it's the same UI as the sysprefs window in the WWDC screenshots.

12" iBook 1.2ghz / 1.2gb

piGGy jacket
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2004, 10:43 PM

yabba yabba yabba yabba yabba yabba yabba dabba dabba doo doo doo...

Forum Links
Forum Rules