Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Autosave and keynote = pain

Autosave and keynote = pain
Yarlington
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 28, 2011, 07:29 PM

Is there any way of making the auto save less frequent or off entirely if only for this software I have files of 300-500 Mb or more and they keep autosaving at a ridiculous frequency so that while I am actually inputting information I am being held up while it does an auto save ,this cannot be a good thing by anyone's imagination.
I update one page, try to enter data on a second and --wait for it -- 5-10 seconds every time sometimes longer - even between keystrokes entering a number it will go off to auto save aaaarrrgghhh!!!!

Help Apple this is not fun

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jul 28, 2011, 08:50 PM

A lot of people have this request, and Apple hasn't gotten the message yet. I can see how global auto-save would cause a lot of problems.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Thinine
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2011, 08:56 PM

It's up to the application developers to work around this possibility and Apple has provided the tools and information. Why the Keynote team couldn't do it I right I don't know.

Person Man
Professional Poster
Jul 28, 2011, 09:54 PM

Then send feedback to Apple. This is essentially version 1 of Autosave and Versions. Maybe they'll make it better in future versions if enough people complain.

Forum Links
Forum Rules