Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: B&W G3 + 17" monitor

FS: B&W G3 + 17" monitor
b00tang
Forum Regular
Jul 24, 2002, 01:04 PM

Rev.2 B&W G3 w/ 448 mb ram
12gb HD
Scsi Card
350 mhz processor overclocked to 450 mhz (could be downclocked back to 350 at buyers request)
17" Apple Blue Studio Display
Standard Apple cd drive
built in ethernet and 56k modem

A system like this (G3/350 Blue 128/6GB CD ZIP )is now selling for 499 at macofalltrades.com and it doesn't even include the monitor (not to mention half the HD space and considerably less ram).
Powermax has: Used Blue and White G3/300, 384 MB of RAM, 6 GB internal drive, internal CD-ROM, internal 56k modem, includes keyboard going for $669 and again their slower system includes no monitor.

I'm selling the monitor and system for around $575
e-mail [email protected] if your interested
ipod why have you forsaken me?!?!?!

b00tang  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2002, 01:24 PM

well at least if no one is interested, could anyone who checked this and decided against taking further interest reply here as to why? To much? not a good deal?
Thanks

Walker
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 25, 2002, 01:58 PM

b00tang,

The amount you are asking is fair enough. I believe systems like yours sell on eBay for more than what you are asking.

Here's the problem. People on this forum, including myself, are usually looking for real bargains. And due to the nature of this forum, we can occasionally find outstanding deals. Unlike eBay, sellers on this forum are sometimes overly concerned about the "quality of person" who is buying the computer. People selling computers on this forum sometimes care that their beloved computer system is going to be in a genuine mac loving home. So in consequence, computers or equipment can be sold at a very low price. These are the kind of deals that most people here are looking for.

If you want to get top dollar out of your system, sell it on eBay. Otherwise, I have $300 + shipping that I can afford. Way below fair price, but it's all I got.

Good luck,

lw

b00tang  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2002, 03:09 PM

Thanks for the tip, I guess I will have to post it on e-bay, this is going to be my first sale ever but I am thinking I might jack the price up if I am going to be selling it to some e-bay person where I have no idea if that person is some evil mac tormenter or not. So if anyone has been through this process before and wants to offer me advice about shipping or advertising or selling on e-bay in anyway I would love any input thats around. And if anyone has a recommended minimum reserver that would be awesome too... but I suspect I am pushing my luck in this forum by turning this thread into a "teach Paul to do everything" thread. Thanks for all the help (I love these macnn forums)
-Paul

Forum Links
Forum Rules