Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTT - Compaq Evo notebook for...

WTT - Compaq Evo notebook for...
Sailorgoon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2004, 04:33 AM

Morning everyone!

I'm looking to trade my Compaq EVO n610c notebook for a G4 era powermac or flat screen iMac. The notebook was a closeout deal (new overstock) I bought direct from HP about 8 months ago for 1,899. I used it for 2 months on business, and now it's been confined to closet duty.

1.8Ghz. P4 Mobile
512Mb PC2100 RAM
30Gig HDD
DVD-ROM
32Mb Mobility Radeon 7500
Power cord/1 battery
10/100 Ethernet
2 USB 2.0
VGA out
S-Video out
Parallel Port
Serial Port
1 PS/2 port
1 each headphone/mic jack
14.1 inch TFT (perfect, no dead pixels)

Since it was a closeout, the unit didn't ship with an OS or restore software. I can install your choice of WinXP Pro, Win2K or Slackware 9.1. I will include an install of Office 2003 with a Windows OS.

These are still selling for 1,250 on ebay with no OS. I know I'll risk taking a loss by trading outright, but I would like some Mac hardware to explore my newfound interest in the system.

Please email [email protected] with any offers or questions.

Thanks!

-Kelly

Jerman
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 14, 2004, 11:44 PM

You've got mail.

Sailorgoon  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2004, 01:52 AM

This is currently on hold for another member...I will update when I have more information.

keltorsori
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2004, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by Sailorgoon:
Morning everyone!

I'm looking to trade my Compaq EVO n610c notebook for a G4 era powermac or flat screen iMac. The notebook was a closeout deal (new overstock) I bought direct from HP about 8 months ago for 1,899. I used it for 2 months on business, and now it's been confined to closet duty.

1.8Ghz. P4 Mobile
512Mb PC2100 RAM
30Gig HDD
DVD-ROM
32Mb Mobility Radeon 7500
Power cord/1 battery
10/100 Ethernet
2 USB 2.0
VGA out
S-Video out
Parallel Port
Serial Port
1 PS/2 port
1 each headphone/mic jack
14.1 inch TFT (perfect, no dead pixels)

Since it was a closeout, the unit didn't ship with an OS or restore software. I can install your choice of WinXP Pro, Win2K or Slackware 9.1. I will include an install of Office 2003 with a Windows OS.

These are still selling for 1,250 on ebay with no OS. I know I'll risk taking a loss by trading outright, but I would like some Mac hardware to explore my newfound interest in the system.

Please email [email protected] with any offers or questions.

Thanks!

-Kelly
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Kelly is an A-1 trader. Just got the Evo and my little bro is as happy as a hog in slop. I only hope Kelly gets as much use out of his G4.

thanks
eric

Forum Links
Forum Rules