Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iCal to Android (without Google)?

iCal to Android (without Google)?
billyblastoff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2013, 07:20 AM

Hope this is correct forum. I'm currently stuck with a hand-me-down Android phone (saving for that iPhone) and I cannot find any truly seamless way to get my iCal calendar to sync with any Android Calendar application. I'm currently using Google Calendar as a link between iCal and the phone, but this bandaidâ„¢ has many downsides. The most glaring is the flabbergasting inability of Google Calendar to handle the reminders I've set up for my iCal events. This means that even if an Android calendar app supports multiple reminders, they never make it to my phone. The ubiquity of Android phones suggests to me that someone else must have faced this same issue. Help? (And please resist the temptation to tell me to get an iPhone. When I can, I will. .)

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2013, 08:48 AM

Are you using CalDAV? I thought reminders were built into that protocol.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

billyblastoff  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2013, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Are you using CalDAV? I thought reminders were built into that protocol.
Yes, I am using CalDAV. But the alarms from iCal do not seem to transfer to Google Calendar. Reminders may be built into the protocol, but Google Calendar doesn't support them. Is there another way to use CalDAV directly with the phone, bypassing Google?

Forum Links
Forum Rules