Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The ultimate God and Jesus thread

The ultimate God and Jesus thread
besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 06:49 PM

The first thing I want to know is what does God look like? We've seen depictions of Jesus as a dude with brown hair and a beard, but how come there is no biblical reference to what God looks like? Does he also have a beard? Maybe a hat?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
May 30, 2007, 06:52 PM

I hear he is hung.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
May 30, 2007, 06:58 PM

I would think that he had a beard because he spent so much time traveling and in the wilderness. I'm sure he probably had brown hair like most Jews, but he was probably very tan. I think it's hilarious how in all the Jesus movies that Jesus is a really really white guy with no tan at all.

Kevin
Baninated
May 30, 2007, 07:00 PM

Political/War Lounge
Politics, war, religion.......etc

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
May 30, 2007, 07:01 PM

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 30, 2007, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
I hear he is hung.
In bad taste...

Kevin
Baninated
May 30, 2007, 07:09 PM

Not only that, it has been recycled in here by him many times..

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
May 30, 2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
In bad taste...
Oh like this thread started off oh so serious anyway.

You know the game, a thumper which will remain nameless will just bark, bitch and argue until he can get it locked and be at peace.

Kevin
Baninated
May 30, 2007, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Oh like this thread started off oh so serious anyway.
Yes besson makes many many many funny funny threads. I think MacNN should make a forum and name it "FUN LAND" in big block letters, and just post besson threads in it.
You know the game, a thumper which will remain nameless will just bark, bitch and argue until he can get it locked and be at peace.
I surely hope you aren't referring to me. As there is no one else you've called a "thumper" in here. You talk about Jesus more than I do.

I don't want the thread locked at all.

No barking, bitching, or arguing going on till you made the post above sugar thighs.
( Last edited by Kevin; May 30, 2007 at 07:28 PM. )

BlueSky
Mac Elite
May 30, 2007, 07:24 PM

This is God. He's all sparkly and stuff.

Kevin
Baninated
May 30, 2007, 07:25 PM

Here is his eye

BlueSky
Mac Elite
May 30, 2007, 07:26 PM

And he's often depicted as a unicorn.

Or a doG.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
May 30, 2007, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post

I worship you fancy animated gif!

Kevin
Baninated
May 30, 2007, 07:29 PM

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 07:30 PM

Guys, could you take your jokes elsewhere? This is a serious and ultimate thread about God and Jesus.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 07:33 PM

Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Kevin
Baninated
May 30, 2007, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Guys, could you take your jokes elsewhere? This is a serious and ultimate thread about God and Jesus.
AHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAH

U R FUNNY besson.

DrMischievious
Baninated
May 30, 2007, 07:35 PM

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
May 30, 2007, 07:35 PM

Fine, than to answer your original question.... yes he does have a hat.

malvolio
Professional Poster
May 30, 2007, 07:39 PM

/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

BlueSky
Mac Elite
May 30, 2007, 08:04 PM

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 08:06 PM

Here's the Jewish view: God is infinite and cannot be limited to a specific form as humans conceive of forms. The radiance or presence of God, which in Hebrew is referred to the Shechinah, encompasses everything. Human beings cannot adequately express, let alone perceive, an infinite force. Even Moses, who was the greatest servant of God and greater than any other prophet, who spoke to God "panim el panim" (face to face) and was entrusted with His whole house, was not allowed to perceive visually His face: "You cannot not see My face, for man shall not see Me and live" (Exodus 33). Therefore, if you believe the Hebrew Scriptures, God cannot be seen by a mortal, and anyone who claims to have literally seen God is lying. The closest that the highest elevated humans can get is to see the divine chariot, with the exception of Moses who was allowed to see "His back."

Any worship of a form - even a conception of a form - is false worship by the Jewish standard.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 08:06 PM

How come it's Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus this, Jesus that, but nobody gives any props to God? Didn't he invent this place in 7 days or 7 minutes or something? How about a little damn respect?

mac128k-1984
Mac Elite
May 30, 2007, 08:10 PM

How come it's Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus this, Jesus that, but nobody gives any props to God? Didn't he invent this place in 7 days or 7 minutes or something? How about a little damn respect?
That's because Jesus is God
Michael

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by mac128k-1984 View Post
That's because Jesus is God
I thought Jesus was God's son?

mac128k-1984
Mac Elite
May 30, 2007, 08:14 PM

I thought Jesus was God's son?
Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Michael

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 08:16 PM

Man, religion is confusing. How can God and Jesus be the same person?

mac128k-1984
Mac Elite
May 30, 2007, 08:19 PM

Don't know, all I do know is that the Bible clearly states that God decided to manifest himself in three equal parts, i.e., the trinity. God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Read the Bible, such as the Gospel of John.
Michael

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 08:20 PM

Maybe it is like in Scooby Doo, and at the end we really find out that the spirit is just an old guy wearing a bedsheet?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
May 30, 2007, 08:22 PM

Maybe it is like in Scooby Doo, and at the end we really find out that the spirit is just an old guy wearing a bedsheet?
Ha ha that is the best so far.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
May 30, 2007, 08:23 PM

God is a female you fools.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
May 30, 2007, 08:25 PM

But seriously, who squeezed God out in the first place?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
May 30, 2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by mac128k-1984 View Post
Don't know, all I do know is that the Bible clearly states that God decided to manifest himself in three equal parts, i.e., the trinity. God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Read the Bible, such as the Gospel of John.
The Godhead three in one. Jesus and God the Father have always been around, as has the Spirit. In Genesis it says that the spirit surrounded the earth when it was formless and void of life. When Jesus died on the cross, the Spirit came down to live among men. He is our connection to Jesus and God the Father. God came from nowhere. He was never created. He will never die. He just is.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 08:30 PM

Wouldn't it suck if you ascended to heaven, got to meet the big guy himself, and he turns out to be just an old guy wearing a bedsheet?

I would be like "all this just for this dumb old guy wearing a stupid sheet? Do you guys have pinball up here?"

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
The Godhead three in one. Jesus and God the Father have always been around, as has the Spirit. In Genesis it says that the spirit surrounded the earth when it was formless and void of life. When Jesus died on the cross, the Spirit came down to live among men. He is our connection to Jesus and God the Father. God came from nowhere. He was never created. He will never die. He just is.
God's spirit is not a separate force or being.

Let me pose the following question to you: Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures, God tells humanity that He is ONE, that there are no other gods and that aside from Him there is no savior. The unity of God is expressed over and over again, in a myriad of ways. What makes you think that after thousands of years of saying he was ONE and ONLY, He would contradict - nay, contravene - His eternal word, change His mind and split Himself into three? And send Himself in a finite, human form to be abused and killed by heathen? Does ANY of that sound to you like what the explicitly singular Mighty God of the Hebrew Scriptures would choose to do?

Consider these verses:

Exodus 20
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, and of the land of slavery.  You shall have no other gods before Me.

Deuteronomy 4:11-12
You came near and stood at the foot of the mountain while it blazed with fire to the very heavens, with black clouds and deep darkness.  Then the Lord spoke to you out of the fire.  You heard the sound of words but saw no image; there was only a voice.

Deuteronomy 4:35
You are the ones who have been shown, so that you will know that God is the Supreme Being, and there is none other besides Him!

Deuteronomy 4:39
Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the Lord, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear O Israel, the LORD is our God, the LORD is One.

Deuteronomy 6:14
You shall not follow other gods, any of the gods of the peoples who surround you.

Deuteronomy 32:39
See, now, that I, I am He -- and no god is with Me . . . .

I Samuel 2:2
There is none holy as the Lord.  There is none beside Thee; neither is there any Rock like our God.

I Kings 8:27
For will God indeed dwell on the earth?  Behold the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain Thee; how much less this house that I have built?

I Kings 8:60
So that all the nations of the earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other.

II Kings 19:19
Now, O Lord our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all kingdoms on earth may know that You alone, O Lord, are God. (see also Psalm 113:5)

Isaiah 40:18
To whom then will you liken God?  To what likeness will you compare Him?

Isaiah 40:25
"To whom then will you liken Me, that I should be his equal?” says the Holy One.

Isaiah 42:8
I am the Lord, that is My name, and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise to graven images!

Isaiah 43:10-11
“You are My witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and My servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He.  Before Me no god was formed, nor will there be one after Me.  I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”

Isaiah 44:6-8
This is what the Lord says, Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty, “I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no God!  Who then is like Me?  Let him proclaim it.  Let him declare it and lay it out before Me . . . .  Do not tremble, do not be afraid.  Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?  You are My witnesses.  Is there any God besides Me?  No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

Isaiah 44:24
Thus said the Lord, your Redeemer, the One who formed you from the womb, “I am the Lord Who makes everything, Who stretched forth the heavens alone, Who spread out the earth by Myself.”

Isaiah 45:5-6
I am the Lord, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God . . . .  I will strengthen you . . . in order that they know from the shining of the sun and from the west that there is no one besides Me; I am the Lord and there is no other!

Isaiah 45:21-22
. . . Who announced this from before, who declared it from the distant past?  Is it not I, the Lord, and there is no God apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me.  Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other!

Isaiah 46:5
To whom shall you liken Me and make Me equal and compare Me that we may be alike?

Isaiah 46:9
Remember the first things of old, that I am God and there is no other; I am God and there is none like Me.

Isaiah 48:11
. . . and My honor I will not give to another.

Hosea 13:4
I am the Lord your God, Who brought you out of Egypt.  You shall acknowledge no God but Me, no Savior except Me!

Joel 2:27
You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and I am the Lord your God, there is no other; and My people shall never be ashamed.

Malachi 2:10
Have we not all one Father?  Has not one God created us?  Why should we betray, each one his brother, to profane the covenant of our forefathers?

Psalm 73:25
Whom have I in heaven but You?  The earth has nothing I desire besides You.

Psalm 81:8-9
Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you; O Israel, if you would listen to Me!  Let there be no strange god among you; nor shall you worship any foreign god.

Nehemiah 9:6
You alone are the Lord; You made the heavens, the heavens of the heavens and all their host, the earth and all that is upon it, the seas and all that is in them, and You give life to all, and the heavenly host bow down before You.

I Chronicles 17:20
O Lord, there is none like You, neither is there any God beside You, according to all that we have heard with our ears!
( Last edited by Big Mac; May 30, 2007 at 09:08 PM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 08:44 PM

What's with all of those ratios?

Dork.
Professional Poster
May 30, 2007, 08:48 PM

here he is

Or maybe here

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 08:53 PM

Hehe.. the little label on that toy says "Jesus Christ superstore"

Dork.
Professional Poster
May 30, 2007, 09:01 PM

design219
Professional Poster
May 30, 2007, 09:10 PM

What's with all of those ratios?

I think the Bible is all code.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 30, 2007, 09:15 PM

DaVinci code

DrMischievious
Baninated
May 30, 2007, 10:24 PM

It can't be the ultimate god thread without this:

Offensive image removed.
( Last edited by OreoCookie; May 31, 2007 at 01:06 AM. )

Rumor
May 30, 2007, 10:40 PM

I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Rumor
May 30, 2007, 10:43 PM

I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
May 30, 2007, 11:06 PM

And then there's the agnostic, dyslexic, insomniac who was awake all night, wondering if there was a dog...

Atomic Rooster
May 31, 2007, 01:59 AM

Graviton
Mac Enthusiast
May 31, 2007, 04:17 AM

THOR!

"AAaarrrggghhhhhh!"

Kevin
Baninated
May 31, 2007, 06:43 AM

Man, religion is confusing. How can God and Jesus be the same person?
Ok this was serious was it besson? You're playing stupid why then?

You make baby darwin cry.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
May 31, 2007, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Political/War Lounge
Politics, war, religion.......etc
Let's not pollute the PL with joke threads. I'd lock this before I moved it to the PL.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
May 31, 2007, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post

Ok, my mind is having some serious problems coming to grips with how awesome that 3D thing is.

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Just because you can make everyone on earth cry by ironically playing Tears in Heaven doesn't make you God. That and no loving god would subject us to that song that many ****ing times.

Forum Links
Forum Rules