Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Amazon wants a piece of your broadband

Amazon wants a piece of your broadband
Thorzdad
May 29, 2021, 04:26 PM

OreoCookie
May 30, 2021, 12:01 AM

That’s not cool to say the least. I wonder how Amazon is getting away with so much sh*t.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

andi*pandi
May 30, 2021, 04:07 PM

That kind of network would be good for public areas, but to say that it's no cost to the consumer is incredibly misleading. it's "free" public wifi that amazon users service fees pay for.

OreoCookie
May 30, 2021, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
That kind of network would be good for public areas, but to say that it's no cost to the consumer is incredibly misleading. it's "free" public wifi that amazon users service fees pay for.
I agree a mesh would be a boon for civilization. However, don't do this without explicitly asking people first (and checking whether it violates terms of service of the ISP). I doubt Amazon is doing this out of sheer magnanimity. If this just ends up as another Amazon Prime perk, then Amazon is just grifting here.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

P
May 31, 2021, 09:27 AM

Reminder that Amazon owns eero now. It doesn't seem like eero devices implements this feature...yet. I would be extremely careful about buying one in the future if Amazon doesn't reverse itself quickly here.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 31, 2021, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
That’s not cool to say the least. I wonder how Amazon is getting away with so much sh*t.
Like this?
45/47

Forum Links
Forum Rules