Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Reinstalling Quartz for iMovie HD

Reinstalling Quartz for iMovie HD
Arc Studios
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2006, 02:46 AM

Recently I tried to open iMovie HD and it gives me the error that "Cannot find the needed version of Quartz. It is included with the iMovie HD installer, please reinstall iMovie to get the needed support frameworks."
I tried deleting iMovie and then reinstalling it and it doesn't seem to work. Im not very familar with iMacs yet so help me out. I really need this program to work.

One more thing, I recently hooked up a hd camera and uploaded some video but I edited another mini dv format movie after that.. could that have messed it up?? THANKS!!

goMac
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2006, 01:17 PM

I doubt connecting another kind of camera broke anything. What version of OS X are you running, with what kind of machine?

Edit: Thanks for fixing it.
( Last edited by goMac; Aug 21, 2006 at 07:03 PM. )
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Arc Studios  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2006, 11:25 PM

Its a G5 20 inch display, with OS X 10.4.4

Originally Posted by goMac
I doubt connecting another kind of camera broke anything. What version of OS X are you running, with what kind of machine?

Edit: Thanks for fixing it.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2006, 11:43 PM

Can you make a picture of the error dialog and post it here? To grab the picture press command-shift-4, then press the space bar and select the dialog window. To host the picture you can use something like TinyPic Video and Image Hosting.

Arc Studios  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 22, 2006, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by TETENAL
Can you make a picture of the error dialog and post it here? To grab the picture press command-shift-4, then press the space bar and select the dialog window. To host the picture you can use something like TinyPic Video and Image Hosting.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 22, 2006, 02:53 AM

This is really a new one. I've never heard of this dialog before, and Google doesn't turn up any results either. It sounds like there's a problem with one of the system frameworks, so I would try doing an archive-and-install of the OS. (With an archive and install, you can choose to preserve your user files and settings so it'll just replace the system components.)
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2006, 02:56 AM

Running Apple's 10.4.7 Combo Updater might be worth a try.

Arc Studios  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
This is really a new one. I've never heard of this dialog before, and Google doesn't turn up any results either. It sounds like there's a problem with one of the system frameworks, so I would try doing an archive-and-install of the OS. (With an archive and install, you can choose to preserve your user files and settings so it'll just replace the system components.)

THAT WORKED!!! thanks so much!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules