Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Bug in "Recent Items" menu

Bug in "Recent Items" menu
SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 21, 2005, 07:39 PM

I've noticed bizarre behavior recently in the "Documents" section of my "Recent Items" menu. Items will have incorrect icons listed next to them. Sometimes, a particular item will appear twice with two different icons. For example, right now I'm seeing a .pdf file displayed twice, once with a Preview icon and once with an MS Word icon. There are also several Word documents displayed with what look like disk image icons, although it's hard to tell (definitely not Word icons, though). It seems to be just a cosmetic issue--selecting the .pdf file with the Word icon opens it correctly in Preview.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not sure when it started, but it was definitely happening before I upgraded to 10.3.9, so it can't be that.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 21, 2005, 07:52 PM

10.3 is known to have weirdness with its icon caching.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 22, 2005, 07:27 AM

Yeah, I've seen that a few times as well. I just clear the entries when I see it and start fresh again...

Forum Links
Forum Rules