Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > Overclock Your Video Card (Links)

Overclock Your Video Card (Links)
Dex13
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2004, 11:51 PM

Ati1

Ati2

Article on Ati1

Couldn't you do Ati 1 to an imac?

:edit:

damn, no you need an actual card ....

Peder Rice
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2004, 01:25 AM

Yeah, right here:

"Please note that on-motherboard graphics cards (iMacs, eMacs, PowerBooks, iBooks) are not supported by the dumper tool."

Oh well, maybe PowerLogix will bring back their 900MHz chips someday and offer a video card replacement at the same time. Actually... that would be pretty cool, for - as we all know - the original iMac had the best design of any computer, ever.

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2004, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by Dex13:
Ati1

Ati2

Article on Ati1

Couldn't you do Ati 1 to an imac?

:edit:

damn, no you need an actual card ....

I've been using the app in the "article" since early this morning, and all seems well so far. Set it at +10.3% overclock on both GPU & memory. Seems to speed up 2D tasks a good bit.
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

a2daj
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2004, 04:03 PM

Dex13  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2004, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by bowwowman:
I've been using the app in the "article" since early this morning, and all seems well so far. Set it at +10.3% overclock on both GPU & memory. Seems to speed up 2D tasks a good bit.
pics?

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2004, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by Dex13:
pics?
I have the most recent version now, running both GPU & memory at +25% overclock. Seems ok after 1 week at these speeds.

Pics ? no place to post them to what pics did you want anyway, screenshots from the pref pane ? I can email to ya them if need be
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

Forum Links
Forum Rules