Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iPod mini Arm Band

iPod mini Arm Band
AleroLeanne
Forum Regular
Dec 1, 2004, 01:26 PM

Does anyone have any feedback regarding the iPod mini arm band? My husband and I started working out at the gym last week so I thought that would be a great accent. I just ordered one from the online Apple store. I was just wondering what people thought about it for those who've used it.

I also bought the iPod socks...now I just need to buy the iPod mini - haha! But I'm going to pick that up with my Christmas bonus.

233mhz iMac � 1.2ghz iBook G4 � 4gig Pink iPod mini "sweet pea"

MojoRising022
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 1, 2004, 01:33 PM

The arm band is nice, but I think there are better alternatives for active folks. I am not totally sold that the iPod arm band could withstand a good jolt. Marware makes an excellent neoprene case with an armband that might better suit you. It is not nearly as elegant as Apple's product, but will definitely offer more prtection.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Dec 1, 2004, 02:35 PM

More protection? Must be a very crowded gym.
I use one at the gym and it's great. Perfect for carrying around but not intrusive enough to get in the way.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

pjmurphy
Forum Regular
Dec 1, 2004, 07:20 PM

I will chime in too.. I love the armband.. i have "jolted" it numerous times at the gym and I have NEVER had an issue.

When doing weights, though, particularly bicep exercises, I move the band down to my forearm. The material is not too flexible so it tends to constrict your muscle during a bicep curl (for instance).

A very nice gift!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

michaelb
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2004, 12:10 AM

Warning to your husband: you'll get a lot more attention from other gym goers when you wear your iPod armband!

(I'm normally one of those silent types at my gym, but I've spoken to both of the armband wearers I've met there. And they had beautiful ... iPod minis!)

Speaking from casual observation, the upper arm seems to a good place to keep it out of the way. I've watched women wearing them do leg curls, 45� leg presses, sit-ups, pull-downs and light (girls just have no damn strength!) free weights. They don't seem to have a problem with it getting bumped or anything.

I think it's really just the attention from guys you're going to have to deal with! (And the other girls who will start acting bitchy when they do.)

AleroLeanne  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 2, 2004, 10:30 AM

*haha* Thanks, guys! Apple products seem to garner attention no matter where you go...so that's cool to look forward to (especially seeing as how my husband is still a pee cee fan). He'll be so jealous!

Thanks for the feedback on usage experience...I don't do a lot of heavy training or anything (mostly just cardio and light weights) so it sounds like the arm band should be good enough for what I need it for. I don't think anyone else at my gym has a mini (yet) so I'm looking forward to showing mine off.

233mhz iMac � 1.2ghz iBook G4 � 4gig Pink iPod mini "sweet pea"

Forum Links
Forum Rules