Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Useful info forum

Useful info forum
Andhee
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 6, 2008, 08:41 AM

Hey, I just thought it would be rather good if there was a seperate forum where moderators could move threads which they thought would be useful to multiple people (noobs and even mac experts and all inbetween). I know these could be signified by stickies, but there are some stickies which are useful, some arn't, but theyre good anyway, such as the macbook picture thread, on the other hand, I saw Simon's thread about RAM for macbooks which was stickied, and thought that was a great idea, which should be in a separate forum for useful info.

I know there is the troubleshooting and discussion forums, but its hard to sieve out the crap from it for useful info, even using the search function. The new forum thing should have a search if there are masses of useful threads.

It could be split into Macbook, MBP, imac and other stuff.

I just thought it was a good idea so I posted it here, don't have a go at me if you don't like it!

Andy

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2008, 09:16 AM

A FAQ forum wouldn't be a bad idea, with the most asked questions posted as stickies in there and then the other user forums for more specific questions.
Signature depreciated.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 6, 2008, 04:45 PM

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jan 6, 2008, 09:36 PM

the only downside to that good suggestion is that few would look at the threads. But at least we could point people there. On a different note, can someone place a direct login page link on all the pages? I find it more convenient than the regular login menu when on my touch.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Cold Warrior
Jan 6, 2008, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
the only downside to that good suggestion is that few would look at the threads. But at least we could point people there. On a different note, can someone place a direct login page link on all the pages? I find it more convenient than the regular login menu when on my touch.
It should be on each page. Look for the row of text with user cp, faq, calendar, new posts, etc. To the left of 'user cp' should be 'log in'

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2008, 09:49 PM

I think this is a good suggestion. I think if "sticky" threads were moved over to this new sub-forum it would be more useful than at the top of each section. I have a habit of not even seeing the stickies anyway.

In the past I've linked new users to the "What Application do I use if I need to..." type threads, and this would be a nice place to point people without having to dig up each particular thread.

The search function of these forums leave a lot to be desired in the way of useful results, but that rant belongs elsewhere.

Forum Links
Forum Rules